Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Milkies?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Ari
  • 16 Replies

Has anyone ever used Milkies? They are breast pads that catch the leakage so that you can save it instead of soaking it up and rinsing it down the sink. Just wondering if they're worth the investment.

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Haha, no. I'm ok with throwing it away in my disposable breast pads. But I make a ton of milk and could easily pump about twice what I needed when I was a working mom, so "wasting" the leaked milk was never anything to worry about for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

That's where I'm at, too. It makes sense at first when production is a little low, but I don't introduce bottles until it's time to go back to work and by then production isn't an issue.

Quoting larissalarie: Haha, no. I'm ok with throwing it away in my disposable breast pads. But I make a ton of milk and could easily pump about twice what I needed when I was a working mom, so "wasting" the leaked milk was never anything to worry about for me.

nana-to-9
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I am not sure that is a good idea...lots of contamination from bacteria and then sitting in a bag at body temp for a while.  I would not recommend that (nurse and lactation consultant) 

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Never did. I don't leak enough to need them. My pump response is crap.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:20 PM

No

KelliansMom
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:22 PM
I thought about it, to wear while I nursed on one side. My left always has a let down when I nurse on my right. I wouldn't wear it any other time though.
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:59 PM

That was my first thought, too, but I seen a couple of lactation consultants suggest them.

Quoting nana-to-9:

I am not sure that is a good idea...lots of contamination from bacteria and then sitting in a bag at body temp for a while.  I would not recommend that (nurse and lactation consultant) 

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:39 AM

LOL! I've heard about them but I never used them.

Elegy
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:26 AM

I never needed those. I fortunately have never been a leaker :) Oh, weirdly, most of my leaking happened when my first baby was around 10-11 months old. It lasted a couple weeks too. Not sure what was up with that.

MandyBacus
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Yep, I bought one and it was awesome!  I would leak up to two ounces at a single feeding so it was totally worth it for me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN