Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Has anyone ever used Milkies? They are breast pads that catch the leakage so that you can save it instead of soaking it up and rinsing it down the sink. Just wondering if they're worth the investment.

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Replies (11-16):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Did you save the milk or rinse it out?

Quoting MandyBacus:

Yep, I bought one and it was awesome!  I would leak up to two ounces at a single feeding so it was totally worth it for me

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandyBacus
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Both.  When I would leak a lot, I would save it.  Immediately after my daughters feeding I would freeze what I had just collected.  If it was during the night or for whatever reason I hadn't leaked much (or I didn't want to get out of bed) I would just toss.  And after each time I did collect, I would wash out the milkies pouch.  I purchased milkies from a store that had certified lactation consultants, and that was who recommended it to me.  

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:55 PM
No never heard of them.
MommyCassafrass
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:02 PM

My lactation consultant told me about this, I bought it and loved it!  I'm a big leaker though!  

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:21 AM
I agree with this.

Quoting nana-to-9:

I am not sure that is a good idea...lots of contamination from bacteria and then sitting in a bag at body temp for a while.  I would not recommend that (nurse and lactation consultant) 

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Also I don't think I leaked enough to be worth it lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)