Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

swing and bouncer seat

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:30 PM
  • 17 Replies
For those who have the bouncer seat is it worth having when you have the swing also? I have a swing and was not looking at the low bouncer seats but want to know if you guys find having both worth it.
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:43 PM

This is what we have its a swing combined bouncer.

nebcutie
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Do you use it as a bouncer alot? Do you like having both?

Quoting DACIA79:

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:54 PM

My son didn't like being tied down so Connor didn't like. I did use it a lot we he was sleep though. Some kids love them I don't regret buying it though. My other boys liked the bouncer.

If your going to get a separate bouncer I suggest you get one with music and lights. Even if the baby doesn't like the bouncer vibrating option most babies like lights and  music.

Quoting nebcutie: Do you use it as a bouncer alot? Do you like having both?
Quoting DACIA79:

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I've always had both and typically use the bouncer more in the first few weeks because it is more portable, and the swing a little later. My babies liked to nap in the swing until they got too big for it lol. 

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

We use a swing.  Both kids hated bouncer.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I had both. Both got a lot of good use. My daughter was only in swing for naps. She was in bouncy chair a lot during day when she was really little. As she got older I used it to feed her in sometimes. She 20 months old now and still likes sitting in it to look at books and watch tv in. We got rid of the swing when she was about 9 months old maybe. She still loved it and used it daily. But she was getting too big for it and would hang out sides of it. I was afraid she was gonna fall so we just got rid of it. Both were well worth the money tho.
nebcutie
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks ladies! I posted this and just a few minutes ago someone posted the bouncer to match my swing for $15! So that worked out great!
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Just be sure not to leave your baby in one for more than two hours at a time. Like car seats, the position compromises their oxygen levels.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Both my kids loved the bouncy seat.  My dd didn't care much for the swing but my ds loved it.

iansmommy9
by Natasha on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Bouncer was more moblie, so if I needed to be in another room for a while, I could move him around more easily. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)