Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

almost 4 month old baby

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

what will he start doing first? how do i know im doing everything right? ima first time momma idk what they do first or how they do it this is all new to me.

by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
No child follows the same pattern. You know you are doing it "right" when you know his needs are met and he is loved beyond all else. Don't compare his milestones to any other child. Talk to him, show him the world around him and he'll learn all he needs. Your pediatrician will ask you milestone questions at your well checks but those aren't set in stone. There is a wide range of "normal". For example, my oldest sat up at 5 months, my middle was 8 months. My oldest rolled over at 2-3 months, my middle was 8 months. Both perfectly healthy children.

My only advice for first time parents is trust your gut above all else.

You can Google milestones for a basic idea of milestone patterns and ages they tend to occur but, again, it's just a guideline and not necessarily what your baby will do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
It really varies by kid, but most will start trying to roll over around this age and some will start sitting unassisted around this age as well, although most do it a little later.
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I found the "What to Expect .." series really helpful when my daughter was little.  

wanasasha
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:36 PM

thanks yall thats helps alot! im a first time mom and its kinda scary lol

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't get hung up on milestones too much. All the information online is based on the average but most babies aren't average. If baby is progressing, however slowly, he's doing great.

You won't know you're doing everything right:-) You will question and worry over every decision you have to make for our about your child. You'll make mistakes and you'll learn from them. Do your research, do your best everyday, love your baby, and you'll be the best mom for your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:18 AM
They do things at their own pace. As long as baby is being taken care of you are doing it right. Being a first time mom can be scary
wanasasha
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:21 AM

im just worried something is wrong hes almost 4 months n wont reach for his toy and yes it is

savypaige92
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:27 AM
This

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: No child follows the same pattern. You know you are doing it "right" when you know his needs are met and he is loved beyond all else. Don't compare his milestones to any other child. Talk to him, show him the world around him and he'll learn all he needs. Your pediatrician will ask you milestone questions at your well checks but those aren't set in stone. There is a wide range of "normal". For example, my oldest sat up at 5 months, my middle was 8 months. My oldest rolled over at 2-3 months, my middle was 8 months. Both perfectly healthy children. My only advice for first time parents is trust your gut above all else.

You can Google milestones for a basic idea of milestone patterns and ages they tend to occur but, again, it's just a guideline and not necessarily what your baby will do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)