Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need gift ideas!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:56 AM
  • 8 Replies

For me. Too many people are asking me what gifts I want for the baby. I am lost. I usually just say something about how we already have everything, which is met with nagging about how we couldn't possibly have EVERYTHING, so I usually just say clothes or books are always nice.

Now some of my mom's friends want a list of things I need (I don't acutally know these people even) and asked that I include some more expensive items. Again, it's not seeming like no is an option, and clothing was not excepted. I am told by my mother I must come up with something or risk being rude.

HELP? What are some luxury baby items I would find useful? I'm sort of a simple girl and am struggling to come up with anything on my own..

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:19 PM

I just kept telling people clothes, diapers, wipes or gift cards that I could use towards diapers and wipes. If they can't be content with any of that then don't get me anything. I don't need a house full of crap I'll probably never use.

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Whatever you use the most is nice to have extra of. Diapers, wipes, bath stuff. Whatever big gear you don't already have or would like to have.
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:27 PM
An extra car seat or stroller so you don't have to switch them from one car to another? A baby sling or wrap?
Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Good idea!

Quoting MusherMaggie: An extra car seat or stroller so you don't have to switch them from one car to another? A baby sling or wrap?

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM
I agree with this

Quoting MusherMaggie: An extra car seat or stroller so you don't have to switch them from one car to another? A baby sling or wrap?
sapphyre_rose
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Clothes or extra stroller or car seat.
Bresmom13
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Are you going to bottle/breastfeed. I found out a bottle warmer was a wonderful, cheap necessity when I had to switch to bottle feeding.

la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Diapers and clothes, gift cards?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)