Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I wasn't expecting this...

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:01 AM
  • 13 Replies

I have a 5 day old baby boy. When he was less than 24 hours old he lifted his head and held it up for like 3 seconds. Today he rolled from his back to his side on a perfectly flat surface... UMMM what am I missing? I thought these were things he was supposed to learn later in life... Why is it happening already? He is my fourth and final child. I just want him to stay a baby as long as possible so why on earth is everything happening so fast?

by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sapphyre_rose
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:55 AM
All babies develop differently, some baby are early developed ans some develop late.
Bresmom13
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:52 AM

At Dd 3 day well check she lifted her head from a tummy position and turned it to the other side of her head. The nurse practitioner was wowed. I agree they all develop at their own pace.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Every baby develops at their own pace

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Every baby develops differently.
JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Every baby is so different! My son had amazing head control from like, day 2... but it took him four months to learn how to roll over. lol 

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol, it doesn't mean the baby isn't still a newborn, he just happens to be stronger than average.
All of my babies could lift and hold their heads briefly from birth and my younger 3 (the boys) could all roll over within days of birth. It didn't bother me, they were still newborn babies, rolling over didn't somehow change that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:57 PM

My son could hold his head up from birth.  He rolled a little when he was a newborn (first couple weeks) but then stopped and relearned it at 3 months (back to front) and 6 months (front to back).  He was crawling before he could roll front to back. 

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:31 PM

All babies are born able to do different things. My second child never felt like an infant to me. He was born over 2 weeks late. He could pick up his head no problem, roll side to side, etc from day 1. By 5 months old, he was already acting so much like a toddler that everyone always guess he was 12 months old. 

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep! It doesn't make him any less a newborn though:)

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Every baby develops at their own pace

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:49 PM
My first ds lifted his head right away the first time I held him he could already lift his head and keep it there for several second he could roll from back to belly by two weeks old .

My second son is six weeks he has been lifting his head for a few seconds since 3 weeks he is no where near rolling over .he isnt sleeping through yet either like ds #1 did by this age .but this one was born early

My point is all babies develop at different rates non of it really means much
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)