Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Exercise and diet

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:15 PM
  • 29 Replies

Mobile Photo

I am 2 months PP (forgive the jammies lol)
I was just wondering if any mommies have any tips or secrets to their weight loss. I want to lose at least 15lbs.
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/1111

^ that is the weight loss and fitness group.

Losing weight is simple. Eat clean, no processed food, try to stay away from breads and pastas. Control portions And exercise.
abra
by Abra on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes weight loss isn't a simple math game. I had 4 kids and with 2 of them, my body held on to the maternal fat stores for almost a full 12 months after the baby was born despite all my best efforts (and methods that previously worked). The truth is there is no one perfect answer to loosing weight. Keep eating healthy, staying active and be reasonable. Most quick weight loss programs aren't sustainable — and the truth is, when weight is lost too quickly (more than 2-3 pounds per week), it usually is a sign of bad health habits, not good ones! For example, elimination diets (like cutting out carbs) may provide quick weight loss in numbers, but is really very dangerous for your body. Turns out, your body needs carbs to function properly and eliminating them from your diet can actually land you in the hospital later - so not worth it!! Remember that different bodies take a different amounts of time to readjust and find a new normal. For my body, I eat processed foods in limited moderate amounts (when I cut them out entirely, I developed reactions to them), make most of my meals at home, do home resistance training at home (like yoga or pilates) 3 days a week, and try to do cardio for 20-30 minutes 2 times a week. I will never be the size 3 I was before I had kids, but honestly, I was really unhealthy and perfectly miserable when I was that small! :-) Don't get discouraged, slow and steady wins the race!
abra
by Abra on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this
And btw, you look beautiful already!!
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:41 AM
You look great. I'd say just eat healthy, nourishing foods and try to get some daily exercise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mercy923
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Thank you

Quoting Retrokitty: http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/1111

^ that is the weight loss and fitness group.

Losing weight is simple. Eat clean, no processed food, try to stay away from breads and pastas. Control portions And exercise.
mercy923
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Thank you for that insight of it. I agree on the carbs. I went few days very minimal carbs and noticed i did not feel well at all. I ate a cup and a half of pasta yesterday and omg i felt better afterwards. I knew i was lacking it and my body did not like that. I know it is not going to be easy but with hardwork and dedication i will get there. I also realized all the times i lost weight i never did diets. I just ate smaller portions. Diets always scared me. I do similar things. I found some exercise routines i an do at home and i eat at home every day. Maybe just one time take out. If that and if hubby is off he will do it. Other than that no take out really. Almost all homemade food.

Quoting abra: Sometimes weight loss isn't a simple math game. I had 4 kids and with 2 of them, my body held on to the maternal fat stores for almost a full 12 months after the baby was born despite all my best efforts (and methods that previously worked). The truth is there is no one perfect answer to loosing weight. Keep eating healthy, staying active and be reasonable. Most quick weight loss programs aren't sustainable — and the truth is, when weight is lost too quickly (more than 2-3 pounds per week), it usually is a sign of bad health habits, not good ones! For example, elimination diets (like cutting out carbs) may provide quick weight loss in numbers, but is really very dangerous for your body. Turns out, your body needs carbs to function properly and eliminating them from your diet can actually land you in the hospital later - so not worth it!! Remember that different bodies take a different amounts of time to readjust and find a new normal. For my body, I eat processed foods in limited moderate amounts (when I cut them out entirely, I developed reactions to them), make most of my meals at home, do home resistance training at home (like yoga or pilates) 3 days a week, and try to do cardio for 20-30 minutes 2 times a week. I will never be the size 3 I was before I had kids, but honestly, I was really unhealthy and perfectly miserable when I was that small! :-) Don't get discouraged, slow and steady wins the race!
mercy923
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Aww thank you. I want to lose some belly and thighs. Lol

Quoting abra: And btw, you look beautiful already!!
mercy923
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Thanks for the tips and for the compliment =)
What would you consider to be some nourishing foods?

Quoting larissalarie: You look great. I'd say just eat healthy, nourishing foods and try to get some daily exercise.
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Eat well, exercise often, cut out the processed stuff and get enough sleep.
Vegetables are good for you and are low calorie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Whole foods. I don't do much processed stuff at all. Limited grains, but whole grains. Meats, vegetables, fruits. Whole dairy, real butter and cream in moderate amounts. I try to do "perimeter shopping"; almost anything on the outside walls of the grocery store where the fresh food is, as little as possible from the inner aisles.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN