Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

tell me about your 2nd birth

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

i'm gearing up for my 2nd LO and was curious about everyone else's 2nd deliveries. my dd was born on her due date and she gave me an overall easy pregnancy and birth but this time around it has been anything but easy which has me scared for the delivery. did your 2nd birth differ a lot from your 1st? was he/she early, late or on time? how long was the labor compared to your 1st?

also, were there any signs leading up to the beginning of labor that you noticed? i have had very achy hips and pelvic pressure so i'm wondering if my baby boy is gearing up for an early arrival.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:13 PM

All my births were different with a few same things. Within 45 mins to 2 hours contractions were two to three mins apart the rest of the time. With my first and second I stopped dilating for 6 hours. My labors got shorter 23.5 hours, 18 hours and 6 hours. My first was a wonderful birth. My second I hated everything about it. My third was amazing home birth. Wish my second had been. Things would have been so much calmer and relaxing. My girls came at different times. 38 weeks 5 days, 36 weeks and 40 weeks 5 days. My first and second there were no signs other then my first my water broke first. My third for 5-8 weeks I had everything under the sun going on.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM

My second was both much better and much worse than my first all at once. 

With my first, I broke my tailbone when her head came down. With my second, I didn't. 

With my first, I spent 3 hours pushing her out. It was hell. With my second, I gave three very small pushes and he did the rest. 

With my first, I was able to ease into labor and labor (plus three hours of pushing) totalled 10 hours. With my second, I went from 1-10 cm, water breaking and the baby in my arms within two hours. It was a bit traumatizing and my body was in shock for a while. But that was only because they induced me the way I didn't want to be induced and my body went nuts. Had I been induced the way I wanted to be, I would have had a great birth.

Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM
I was induced at 38w with my first and it was horrific. I had a pocket where the epi didn't take and felt like my pelvis was being ripped apart. 3 hours of pushing, he came down sideways, barely made it out, tore me up and he had a broken collar bone. I couldn't walk without pain for 8w post delivery. Needless to say, I was scared for the next one.

My second baby, my daughter, came on her own at 36w5d, was 2lbs smaller than my son and was the most amazing experience.

My third came on his own at 38w3d and was a brutal labor. All back labor and a pain I could never have imagined. My recovery was my easiest though and I was back running before he was 4w old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:00 PM
I was induced at 43 week with my first. 8 hours of labor, no pain meds, minor tearing.

I went into sponaneous labor with my second at 41 weeks. 6 hours of labor, iv pain meds, minor tearing.

Both were girls. :-)
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I had an medically needed induction at 39 weeks, 6 days.  It was horrible and thankfully it will be my only induction. Labor and pushing lasted 10.5 hours.  It was all natural as well.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Elegy
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:38 PM

My 2nd was a lot faster, both labor and pushing. Otherwise it was pretty much the same. Oh and I tore the opposite way, so between both kids I've been ripped up and down x_x And they both were born at the same gestation, 39 weeks 5 days (spontaneous labor with both)

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:41 PM
I never had one and never will. One baby is all I ever wanted.
My mom was in labor 10 hours with my sister (first) and 3 hours with me (second). By the time she got to #4 it was 45 minutes. Gl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:47 PM

All my births have been different but to compare my first two: My first labor was 11 hours 20 minutes. I had to push for 2+ hours. It was not that painful. My water broke halfway through pushing. No complications. My second labor was 2 hours 20 minutes. It was much more intense and painful because I skipped the second stage of labor and there wasn't any build up of pain. She was born in the car sunny side up and came out after two or three pushes. My water broke as she was coming out on the last push. No complications. Despite that I always hope for a labor like my first my second delivery was by far my favorite out of the three so far. It was peaceful having only myself and my husband there for the first 5 minutes and the actual delivery part as much easier. :-) My first came at 41 weeks, 6 days. My second came at 41 weeks, 1 day.

wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:50 PM
My dd1 was a c-sec at 39wks, she was frank breeched so I couldn't deliver her.

So dd2 was my VBAC. 100% natural. I went into early labor but it held off to 37wks. Everything went great. I wish I could have another vbac.

M dd1 was 16months when dd2 was born. And she was so excited I have a baby sister. She loved on her a bunch and did so well. It was an easy adjustment. :)

Te pelvis pressure and pains are normal. My body cleared itself out with diarrhea and bloody show signaled labor. Dilation stalled for a couple days. I was 3-1/2cm for like 6 days with mild contractions. But my actual labor was only 8hrs
Allisonc7910
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:22 AM
My 2nd labor I was induced because I got to 10 days past my due date.so naturally the labor was way different. It was faster but that was only because they manually broke my water to help it progress. My first was born 3 days past my due date, went into labor spontaneously. My first labor was about 15 hrs and my second it took about 10 hrs when they started the pitocin. I had lost the mucus plug, had contractions, cramping for a few weeks before my due date with my second. There was no real indicator it was coming. I was still neg station and maybe 1/2 cm dilated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN