Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

should i worry:?

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:21 PM
  • 12 Replies

ok so my son is 4 months and 9 days old iv seen many videos/ heard talk and see babies at his age already rolling off there back to there frount and stuff. he cant even roll at all all he can to is kinda turn where his head gets stuck on his arm? should i talk to the dr or whta

by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smorgan865
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:25 PM
No need to worry. It's not expected until 5-6 months. But babies can develop at their own pace. He's trying so that's completely fine. If he wasn't trying at all then that would be cause for worry.

Your doctor should question all milestone developments at your appointments. So until you start answering majority if those milestone questions with "No", then you've got nothing to worry about!
expectantmom81
by Erin on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Babies progress at their own pace. No need to worry. He is still young
WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:55 AM
My son didn't start rolling until he was 5 months. All babies do things at different times. I wouldn't worry yet.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:12 PM

I wouldn't worry, babies do things at their own pace. My DD took awhile to roll. She was around 5 months.

wanasasha
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:38 PM

ok thanks yall

Owl_Feather
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:46 PM

4 months is about the age they "start" but I wouldnt worry. Sounds like he's attempting! Encourage him with tummy time! Can he at least lift his head when on his tummy?

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:48 PM
No. Four months is when you start looking for rolling over because he's likely to begin any day now. You have another two months before he's behind the general expected timeline of baby milestones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sapphyre_rose
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:52 PM
No need to worry.
Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:11 AM
My oldest was 3 months old, my daughter was 8 months. My new baby is almost 4 months and is close but nothing yet. There's a big range for things like this. He'll figure it out in his own time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aydensophia0408
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:07 AM
My baby is 4 months and she isn't rolling either. None of my others really did until 5 months old :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)