Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Advice Needed: My baby girl is 3 months old and we play...

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:55 AM
  • 11 Replies
My baby girl is 3 months old and we
play on her tummy for a little bit each
day. But other then that I don't know
what to do with her. She sleeps a lot
during the day and all night. But when
she is awake and not eating I'm not
sure what to do.... Any suggestions? I do let her watch television while I clean/cook/shower. But I don't want her to watch television all day...
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Take walks with her, read to her, sing to her, I used to sit mine on a blanket with a few toys around and see what they liked, when you are cooking, put them in the room with you and talk about what you are doing (that's what I did, lol)

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

There's not a huge amount to do at that age. Go for walks outside, read books to her, have conversations with her. Actual conversations - they love to have you chat about anything while staring at them and it helps them with their learning. 

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Shut the tv off. Hold her, talk to her, sing to her, show her books and read them to her. You can dance with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:24 PM
My son is 3 months old as well (he's my third). His favorite thing to do is bat at his toys on his playmat. We are going to get him am exersaucer too. At this point he'll just drool and suck on the toys though. We just got back from a 3+ hour walk with my 2 older kids and he really enjoys laying on a blanket under a tree and watching the leaves rustle above. I talk to him all day long and discuss whatever is going on at the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:46 PM
I wore mine at that age while I did things around the house and talked to them about what I was doing. Walked at the mall, outside when weather permitted.
sapphyre_rose
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I did this with my daughter.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Take walks with her, read to her, sing to her, I used to sit mine on a blanket with a few toys around and see what they liked, when you are cooking, put them in the room with you and talk about what you are doing (that's what I did, lol)

mommybad
by New Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks guys all was very helpful :)
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:15 AM

I wondered the same things with my first : ) lol

Quoting mommybad: Thanks guys all was very helpful :)

littlemike
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:25 AM
My sons 3 months too. We spend our days going for walks outside when its nice or an indoor place like the mall if its hot, when he's napping I lay down with him on the bed and watch TV, we watch TV, play on his play pad and read at night. But he speands 60% of the day sleeping on me or next to me
Devious103102
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Read to her, sing, listen to music or just relax. She doesn't need to be entertained ALL the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN