Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
Bloggers Discuss Baby Milestones & Finding “Me” Time

These five women discuss everything about babies and even how to carve out mom time for yourself! These bloggers were compensated for their participation in this program.

Finding The Toes

By misszoot on Aug. 21, 2014 at 12:00 AM

My kids are currently finding their baby cousin's discovery of her toes to be the FUNNIEST thing in the world. Their cousins sticks her toes in her ears, in her nose, in her mouth and finds each effort exhausting and entertaining simultaneously. She struggles to grab her foot, finally pulls it towards her face, sucks her toe and then finally releases her foot. Then, she leans back and takes several deep breaths as if to say, "What a workout!" 

I remember my kid's discovering their toes so vividly because it's such a defining moment in their development. They're exploring their environment and finding that parts of their environment seem to be attached to their own body and the discoveries seem to shock them every time. I swear my daughter seemed surprised every time she reached down and found that her feet were still there. My oldest son put them directly into his mouth whereas my youngest son exhibited his skills as a Yogi by touching his feet to his head...BOTH FEET SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Or course, my enthusiasm quickly faded when I realized that right after the discovery that the toes could go into the mouth, would be the discovery that everything else can ALSO go into their mouth. Toys, fingers, keys, phones, and the inevitable: Sibling fingers. 

(There was a video that went viral years ago of a young baby named Charlie biting his brothers finger.  His brother was not amused.)

Even though it leads to the immediate MUST CHILDRPROOF EVERYTHING panic, the discovery of the toes can lead to many adorable photos and videos. Take every chance you can to document those moments because you'll want them for Throwback Thursday when they're 16 and giving you attitude. 

Has your baby discovered their toes yet?

misszoot About Kim: I am a mother of three children ages 19, 8 and 6 in Alabama. We are a very active family with two children in sports and one child who is active in at his university. My husband and I spend our free time participating in our local running and triathlon community.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • LaniBee
  • by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:46 AM
  • What a cutie!! 

Quoting corpswife523:

Mobile Photo

DS found his at about three months and I thought it was the cutest thing ever.. But now he finds other people's toes which is a big no-no, lol. He's over seven months.

• Quote Reply
  • Apr1l
  • by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 9:31 AM
  • Aww cute!

Quoting corpswife523:

Mobile Photo

DS found his at about three months and I thought it was the cutest thing ever.. But now he finds other people's toes which is a big no-no, lol. He's over seven months.
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
  • Quote Reply
  • virginiamama71
  • by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 11:29 AM
  •  he is too cute

Quoting corpswife523:

Mobile Photo

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)