Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

my 4 month old is really sick

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:50 PM
  • 28 Replies

my baby is really sick he had a feaver of 101.9 this moring so took him to the dr they said it was a viral infection n he would be ok then he said something to watch ou for meningitis and to keep a eye out for the sign to take him to the er...we now its night and his feaver is 102.7 it seem like it just getting worse and the dr said that tho only way they can tell if its meningitis is a spinal tap...idk what to do im a new mom and im worried.

by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Just wait it out. Especially if that is only symptom. My 20 month has been running a fever of 102 for 3 days. His body is fighting something off at the moment. You can give Motrin.
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Have you given Tylenol?

Quoting wanasasha:

my baby is really sick he had a feaver of 101.9 this moring so took him to the dr they said it was a viral infection n he would be ok then he said something to watch ou for meningitis and to keep a eye out for the sign to take him to the er...we now its night and his feaver is 102.7 it seem like it just getting worse and the dr said that tho only way they can tell if its meningitis is a spinal tap...idk what to do im a new mom and im worried.

wanasasha
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:01 PM

yes but the dr said if it gets worse to take him in

Quoting emkirkley: Have you given Tylenol?
Quoting wanasasha:

wanasasha
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:02 PM

hes had it since tuesday n the dr said to take him in if it gets worse but on tuesday he was throwing up

Quoting Mom2Just1: Just wait it out. Especially if that is only symptom. My 20 month has been running a fever of 102 for 3 days. His body is fighting something off at the moment. You can give Motrin.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:11 PM

You'd have a much higher temp with meningitis.  Like 104+.  I doubt that's what's going on.  Have you given Tylenol?  A luke-warm bath?

wanasasha
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:21 PM

yes i have

Quoting jackiewal10:

You'd have a much higher temp with meningitis.  Like 104+.  I doubt that's what's going on.  Have you given Tylenol?  A luke-warm bath?

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Take him to the Er? I don't see the point In Exposing him to more germs. The Er will tell you just give meds and send him home.

Quoting wanasasha:

hes had it since tuesday n the dr said to take him in if it gets worse but on tuesday he was throwing up

Quoting Mom2Just1: Just wait it out. Especially if that is only symptom. My 20 month has been running a fever of 102 for 3 days. His body is fighting something off at the moment. You can give Motrin.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
No Motrin (ibuprofen) until six months. His behavior is actually more important than the actual temperature. If he is acting listless, take him in.
Allisonc7910
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Well one sign of meningitis in babies is acting out of it, not responding.  With a fever they will be very fatigued appearing and sleepy.  My 10 mo old just got over an ear infection and with a fever of 101.5 to 102 he was very sleepy and cranky.  Its normal for them to breath fast, sleep alot.  When they sleep their body fights the virus or infection easier. Its always good to make sure that babies having at least 3 to 4 wet diapers, and having tears when crying as those are signs of good hydration. Give lots of fluids, because fever can dehydrate.  I hear this from pedis a lot when it comes to viral illnesses.  Tylenol suprisingly brought my ds's fever down better than Motrin and was easier on his stomach.

abra
by Abra on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:35 PM
I agree.

Quoting Allisonc7910:

Well one sign of meningitis in babies is acting out of it, not responding.  With a fever they will be very fatigued appearing and sleepy.  My 10 mo old just got over an ear infection and with a fever of 101.5 to 102 he was very sleepy and cranky.  Its normal for them to breath fast, sleep alot.  When they sleep their body fights the virus or infection easier. Its always good to make sure that babies having at least 3 to 4 wet diapers, and having tears when crying as those are signs of good hydration. Give lots of fluids, because fever can dehydrate.  I hear this from pedis a lot when it comes to viral illnesses.  Tylenol suprisingly brought my ds's fever down better than Motrin and was easier on his stomach.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN