Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Friendly Debate-Electronics and baby!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM
  • 24 Replies

Does your baby play on your tablet or smartphone? Do your toddlers have their own? 

Do you have rules regarding screen time with your children?

by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:43 AM

We have rules regarding screen time here.

Only my oldest has her own. 

We have a leapfrog tablet that the children share. 

My kid's do not show a whole lot of interest in electronics yet.

luvmygirls59
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Odd (turning 4) is getting a tablet for her bday... haven't thought about rules yet... gives me something to think about.
StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM
The baby likes the washing machine - does that count? He will also be in the room when we watch TV
The other one is a teenage boy - not really rules, he has in own stuff, we don't regulate but when we say turn it off we expect it to get turned off
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Electronics before 2 have been shown on various studies through out the world to do more harm than good.

After that I do think screen time should be somewhat limited as it effects attention, and can greatly effect how one does in school.

I don't care if a toddler has their own tablet or anything though.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Quoting luvmygirls59: Odd (turning 4) is getting a tablet for her bday... haven't thought about rules yet... gives me something to think about.

My oldest has a tablet, we had to make rules because I didn't want her to spend too much time on there : ) As for my younger kid's, they show such litte interest, lol. They get bored after 10 minutes

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Quoting StreetsAhead: The baby likes the washing machine - does that count? He will also be in the room when we watch TV The other one is a teenage boy - not really rules, he has in own stuff, we don't regulate but when we say turn it off we expect it to get turned off

LOL! The washing machine is fun to watch.

I don't think teens should be regulated, they need to learn how to balance their time ; ) 

booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Our 4 year old has a tablet. Our 2 year plays with it sometimes, and they both play with our phones, but that's rare. DD is only 7 months, so no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Quoting Retrokitty: Electronics before 2 have been shown on various studies through out the world to do more harm than good. After that I do think screen time should be somewhat limited as it effects attention, and can greatly effect how one does in school. I don't care if a toddler has their own tablet or anything though.

I have read that too which works out good since I limited electronics before 2. I agree with it being limited. I sometimes feel like the only mom who is not whipping out tablets and smart phones for my children to play on. My oldest loves to read and my daughter has this magnet puzzle thing she loves to take places with her, I find those things much preferable.

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:54 AM
With my 2 year old we try very hard at restaurants to keep him distracted as possible. I've only pulled my phone out once when we had already been waiting an hour and a half.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting Retrokitty: Electronics before 2 have been shown on various studies through out the world to do more harm than good.

After that I do think screen time should be somewhat limited as it effects attention, and can greatly effect how one does in school.

I don't care if a toddler has their own tablet or anything though.

I have read that too which works out good since I limited electronics before 2. I agree with it being limited. I sometimes feel like the only mom who is not whipping out tablets and smart phones for my children to play on. My oldest loves to read and my daughter has this magnet puzzle thing she loves to take places with her, I find those things much preferable.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Does your 4 year old play games?

Quoting booaura: Our 4 year old has a tablet. Our 2 year plays with it sometimes, and they both play with our phones, but that's rare. DD is only 7 months, so no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)