Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Crib vs. Bassinet

By christina f on Aug. 26, 2014 at 2:05 AM

Where you choose to have your baby sleep for his first year is a big decision. You want something secure, convenient and comfy because most of his growing will be done during naps and nighttime sleeping.

When the time comes to purchase you can either choose a crib or a bassinet. A crib is much larger and a bassinet it more compact and can be placed right next to your bed for easy access to baby.

With my first son, we exclusively used a crib. It was convenient at the time because we had the room. He was there from an infant to the time he was ready for his toddler bed.

With our second son, we did the opposite and started with a bassinet so that he could be close and keep from waking his older brother up every few hours when he was hungry. A baby can only stay in a bassinet until they start rolling over. Once they roll over they need more room and should transition to a crib.  So this venture was short lived, but worth it for us in the end.

Moms, what choice did you make - bassinet, crib or other?

christina f About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • LaniBee
  • by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:00 AM
  • Both of my girls slept in a bassinet by the bed until they started sleeping through the night (about 3 months), then went to the crib.

• Quote Reply
  • Gabbysmom615
  • by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:35 PM
  • I hAd a bassinet for my girls but it didn't work out for either one. The fishe4 price type of bassinet that sat them up more while sleeping was great and it cradled her body
  • Quote Reply
  • delanna6two
  • by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM
  •  We always used the small bassinet or swing crib in the early months and switched to a bed later on.

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN