Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Dr. Sears alternative vaccine schedule

Posted by   + Show Post

Have any of you ladies followed Dr. Sears alternative vaccine schedule, or a schedule other than the traditional schedule? My son is coming up on his 2 months shots and I am looking into the Dr. Sears schedule or something a bit more delayed than 6 vaccines at one visit. 

For those of you that chose an alternative schedule, did you just print out a copy of how you wanted to vaccinate and show it to your pediatrician or how did you go about letting your pediatrician know how you want vaccines given?

by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Replies (21-28):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Right? My mother has a definitive scar (like all who received it) because the small pox vaccine was unique and not a simple shot

Quoting IrishIz:

Really not just your opinion...

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/smallpox/vaccination/faq.asp

"Should I get vaccinated against smallpox?

The smallpox vaccine is not available to the public at this time. (added Nov 13, 2002)"

http://emergency.cdc.gov/agent/smallpox/faq/characteristics.asp

Even though the public is not being vaccinated for smallpox at this time, what if a person insists?Members of the general public who would like to be vaccinated now should check the Web site:http://www.clinicaltrials.gov to see if there is a clinical trial near them in which they are eligible to enroll. This is currently the only available option.

Quoting ceckyl:

It's not my opinion. It's the fact. Small pox did not have an outbreak, and there is no vaccine for it unless all your kids happen to be military :/

Quoting abra:

Haha! It is cute how you think your opinion will make me second guess the family doctor we've had for the last 14 years!

Quoting ceckyl:

From the WHO

The last known natural case was in Somalia in 1977. Since then, the only known cases were caused by a laboratory accident in 1978 in Birmingham, 
England, which killed one person and caused a limited outbreak.

Quoting abra: indeed

Quoting ceckyl:

Small pox?

Quoting abra: We just spoke with our doctor to find out which ones were more of an issue in the area we were living in. Last year small pox made a comeback in our town, so we prioritized that one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Just in case you doubted her level of crazy ;-) Citing the WHO is an opinion!

Quoting ceckyl:

Small pox?

Quoting abra: We just spoke with our doctor to find out which ones were more of an issue in the area we were living in. Last year small pox made a comeback in our town, so we prioritized that one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd LOVE to see the links to the news articles showing how a previously iridicated disease made a comeback in the US of all places! That's utterly astounding! I can't believe I missed it considering I see the more common (in the anti vax age of today) measles and whopping cough articles. How did your family doctor obtain such a rare vaccine for your children? Did they do it on the thigh so the scarring was less obvious or the arm?
Quoting abra:

Haha! It is cute how you think your opinion will make me second guess the family doctor we've had for the last 14 years!

Quoting ceckyl:

From the WHO

The last known natural case was in Somalia in 1977. Since then, the only known cases were caused by a laboratory accident in 1978 in Birmingham, 

Quoting ceckyl:

Small pox?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmavacs
by New Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:16 AM

small pox, really?  or did you mean to say chicken pox?

TTs_Mommy
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you :-)

Quoting larissalarie: Lol small pox was eradicated and they quit vaxing for that before I was born in 1980. Measles and whopping cough? Sure. Small pox, no way. OP I am a more naturally minded mother but I still vax fully and on schedule. Good luck finding your own way!

ceckyl
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this
I just spit coffee!

Quoting larissalarie: Just in case you doubted her level of crazy ;-) Citing the WHO is an opinion!

Quoting ceckyl:

Small pox?

MommyCassafrass
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:56 AM

We have used Dr Sears schedule and altered it to fit what we believe.  We don't vaccinate for everything and delay what we do chose to vaccinate for.  Our dr is very supportive and honestly helps us with all of our decisions. 

MommyCassafrass
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I just thought of the scar my mom has on her arm from a small pox vax, and they quit doing that in the 70s. 

Quoting larissalarie: I'd LOVE to see the links to the news articles showing how a previously iridicated disease made a comeback in the US of all places! That's utterly astounding! I can't believe I missed it considering I see the more common (in the anti vax age of today) measles and whopping cough articles. How did your family doctor obtain such a rare vaccine for your children? Did they do it on the thigh so the scarring was less obvious or the arm?
Quoting abra:

Quoting ceckyl:

From the WHO

Quoting ceckyl:

Small pox?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN