Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Needing the baby essentials

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:31 PM
  • 25 Replies

I am expecting my 2nd child in November and I've just started registering for baby items. My DD is almost 7 so its been a while since I've done the baby thing and I know there are a lot more items out there and a lot of things have changed even in the past 7 years. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with knowing the best brands and best values to register for. I'd love for you to comment and let me know the baby items that you can not live without, wish that you had, or think is a waste of time/space. Thank you so much for your help!!!

by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stevensmomma
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Stroller  get a good brand that will last like chicco or Britax 

car seat one that will grow with them bc they are so expensive I got a Britax 

bouncy chair

diaper genie

pack n play Graco brand

thses are my must haves 

abra
by Abra on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I second the Britax car seat. I never used a diaper genie. I love the travel size pack n plays though. :-) Diapers, Wipes, pacifiers, nursing cover, onesies.
nebcutie
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:57 PM
I am going through the same thing. Type in google or what ever...top baby items for 2014, must have 2014 baby items, useless baby items...things like that. Those lists and reviews helped a ton as for car seat there is car seat safety group on here that is awesome!!
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Definitely a good long lasting car seat.

We use a regular trash can for diapers.

I couldn't live without my changing table, but i have a dresser style one so it will be useful for years.

A bouncer or swing.

A safe place for baby to sleep. This time aroundwe don't have a crib and there's no room for the pack and play so i bought a small travel bed for when baby can't be in my bed.

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Clothes, good car seat, diapers, sling or wrap.
mommyhonu
by Mary on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:36 AM

Besides a car seat, I loved having my boppy ... best pillow ever!

onesies (the more the better but that's because we live in warmer climate)

and a moby or something to baby wear. (some moms love it and some moms don't think it's for them ... just depends on mom.) *sigh* I miss baby wearing.

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Car seat & stroller
Carrier (I use an ergo)
Pack n play
Blankets
Swing & bouncer
Breast pump, nursing pads, lanolin
Bottles, bottle brush, burp cloths
Bath wash & shampoo
Baby nail clippers or files
Infant Tylenol, gas drops, saline drops, bulb syringe, boogie wipes
Diapers, wipes, changing pads
Lots of onesies & sleepers
mysticlily
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:53 AM

One item I could not be without for both of my kiddos was the Fisher Price Rock N Play sleeper!!!

mama_pink_tink
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:54 AM
I totally was in the same boat last year!!! Congrats! So, when I found out I was pregnant, I started my diaper stock pile! Wipes, receiving blankets/burp cloths, soaps lotions. I use the target brand, and it's the closest generic to the original product. Tushy creams, bottles, cleaning brush for bottles, socks, hats, Bouncer or swing, (I say or because mine was picky and wouldn't sit in his bouncer) that's what I can think of now besides the car seat and stroller. I agree britax is the best, but I also prefer graco
mcmlxxxv
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM
I'm not sure when they started making diapers with the wetness indicator, but those are great. Pampers swaddlers and Huggies snugglers have them.

Out most used items: Swing (magnet style is silent), play mat, dresser-top changing pad, bassinet, crib, travel system, baby bathtub with sling. I have a moby wrap and a front pack carrier but don't use them very often. I also have a nursing pillow that I rarely use.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN