Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Needing the baby essentials

Posted by   + Show Post

I am expecting my 2nd child in November and I've just started registering for baby items. My DD is almost 7 so its been a while since I've done the baby thing and I know there are a lot more items out there and a lot of things have changed even in the past 7 years. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with knowing the best brands and best values to register for. I'd love for you to comment and let me know the baby items that you can not live without, wish that you had, or think is a waste of time/space. Thank you so much for your help!!!

by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Replies (21-25):
Tckosdk.2012
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:40 AM

If I were to do it all over again I would also skip the infant car seat & just buy a convertable seat. It will last you much longer. The infant car seat only lasted me 10 months. You can use a wrap or sling & wear your baby in the store instead of lugging around the infant car seat carrier.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Britax car seats. Worth the price.

A good stroller. I love my Peg Peregos.

A good wrap for infancy - Baby K'tan was my favorite this time.

A carrier - I love Boba.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:50 AM

I agree. I've never used an infant seat. It's a convertible for day 1. It works so nicely.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

If I were to do it all over again I would also skip the infant car seat & just buy a convertable seat. It will last you much longer. The infant car seat only lasted me 10 months. You can use a wrap or sling & wear your baby in the store instead of lugging around the infant car seat carrier.

toddler girlbaby boypuppy

Katie Belle- 7.2.11 & Will - 12.27.13

Akessler
by on Sep. 22, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Skipping over the basics that PPs have already posted about I'd say my, My Brest Friend nursing pillow (http://www.mybrestfriend.com/products/deluxe-pillow) is a blessing. I had a Boppy pillow before that, but I kept having an issue with DS slipping in between the pillow and me.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Sep. 22, 2014 at 1:04 PM
For me really the only items I find useful are a good car seat, a good wrap or carrier, a stroller, a good thermometer, diapers, and clothes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN