Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Does your baby have godparents?

Posted by   + Show Post

Does your baby have godparents, if so who?

by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Replies (31-38):
Bresmom13
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting Bresmom13:

My older 3 have godparents, they are my siblings. My youngest Dd does not have one yet, I have ran out of sibilings. lol

My youngest does not either and we ran out of siblings too

LOL yup and I really dont want anyone on Dh side to be her godparent. There is only 3 choices and non are good. I was actually thinking of asking my only sister if she would be LO's. She has only one Dd and my oldest is her grandchild, but I dont know how my Dh would take this.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Quoting Bresmom13:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting Bresmom13:

My older 3 have godparents, they are my siblings. My youngest Dd does not have one yet, I have ran out of sibilings. lol

LOL yup and I really dont want anyone on Dh side to be her godparent. There is only 3 choices and non are good. I was actually thinking of asking my only sister if she would be LO's. She has only one Dd and my oldest is her grandchild, but I dont know how my Dh would take this.

Just talk to him : ) It doesn't hurt to discuss

Bresmom13
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting Bresmom13:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting Bresmom13:

Just talk to him : ) It doesn't hurt to discuss

Never hurts, and I highly doubt he wants any of his relatives being godparents. lol

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:31 PM
My oldest son has a godmother but if something were to happen to us She wouldn't be raising my child. Biggest mistake ever for me to chose her. My Dad will get both of my boys if something ever happened. We have a will written up.
Mamatobe15
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes she does. My best friend and her husband. 

MamaLama710
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
In the religious sense? No. In the if we die sense? Yeah, my bil and his gf (they've been together a long time.) he is the only one in our families that is young enough to keep up with kids, has a stable home and job, and doesn't already have a bunch of their own little ones running around.
Butterfly31607
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

All of my children have god parents or will. My oldest DD has my aunt and uncle as her godparents. My 2nd DD has my cousin as her god mother and my brother in law was her god father (he died in 2012). My oldest DS has my aunt and brother as his godparents. My youngest DS is getting baptized on September 21st and his god parents will be my brother in law and his wife.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:01 PM

I regret the godmother for my oldest. It was the biggest mistake for me too.

Quoting WillsMOM72: My oldest son has a godmother but if something were to happen to us She wouldn't be raising my child. Biggest mistake ever for me to chose her. My Dad will get both of my boys if something ever happened. We have a will written up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN