Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
Bloggers Discuss Baby Milestones & Finding “Me” Time

These five women discuss everything about babies and even how to carve out mom time for yourself! These bloggers were compensated for their participation in this program.

To Paci or Not to Paci

By christina f on Sep. 2, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Some babies take to a paci (or pacifier) like fish to water. My first baby always needed his. It was like a little plug. The moment it fell out, he would let out the biggest cry. This was particularly frustrating in the middle of the night.

We found ourselve buying tons of the little things. Somehow they just disappeared - in our car, in the nursery, under the couch. We should have bought stock in pacifiers!

But with that said, we never bought those special pacifier holders that attach to your diaper bag, or the pacifier wipes that cleanse on the go. We used good old fashioned soap and water and ziplocks while traveling out and about.

Some times, there are things that you just can't live without and others that you can.

Moms, what was your experience with pacifiers?

christina f About Christina: My name is Christina Fiedler, and I am a parenting writer based in Los Angeles, CA. My husband and I are parents to two boys ages five and one - I always knew I'd have a bunch of boys! I'm so happy to be sharing my personal stories with you and can't wait to get started!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • RobynS
  • by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 1:28 PM
  • I didn't even try a paci for several weeks because I was nursing and didn't want to cause "nipple confusion." When I did offer the paci, they wanted nothing to do with it.

• Quote Reply
  • LaniBee
  • by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 3:31 PM
  • Both of my kids used a pacifier. Seems like we had hundreds of them stashed everywhere! 

• Quote Reply
  • Sisteract
  • by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 4:53 PM
  • #1 loved her paci

#2 loved his thumb.

Our GD has a paci but is not strongly attached and sometimes sucks her thumb.

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)