Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Keeps taking her diaper off..

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2014 at 8:38 PM
  • 9 Replies
My daughter keeps taking her diaper off, whether it's wet or dry. Is this a sign she's ready for an introduction to the potty?? I definitely don't want to rush her, she turns 1 next week! But I don't want poops all over the house LOL.
by on Sep. 4, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
abra
by Abra on Sep. 4, 2014 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

It might be, or she might just be enjoying her newly learned skill. If she isn't ready to potty train yet, I usually just put my baby in a onesie or use a diaper pin (like for cloth diapers) to secure the disposable diaper on. :-) Good luck! 

expectantmom81
by Erin on Sep. 4, 2014 at 9:26 PM
It's a phase. Both my boys did it too. I just kept them in a onesie to help keep it on lol
CEOmom84
by New Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Ok I guess I'll try that. Knowing her she'll be able to un snap that too! Oy vey. I didn't have this problem with my boys!

Quoting expectantmom81: It's a phase. Both my boys did it too. I just kept them in a onesie to help keep it on lol
CEOmom84
by New Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Thanks! I'll try those.

Quoting abra:

It might be, or she might just be enjoying her newly learned skill. If she isn't ready to potty train yet, I usually just put my baby in a onesie or use a diaper pin (like for cloth diapers) to secure the disposable diaper on. :-) Good luck! 

geekymom08
by Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
My kid loved to be a nude baby once he learned how to remove his diaper. It just felt better! I had to just keep a diaper on him by putting it back on...

By 6 months old, I hated diapers and wouldn't wear them. Cloth undies were my things with "rubber pants" over them.

Good luck!!
sapphyre_rose
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter does the same thing and she is almost a year
mychinababy
by Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:47 AM
It's a phase, a new truck they learn. Sometimes I'll just put the diaper on backwards or just put clothes on right away.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 5, 2014 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

It's most likely a phase or she enjoys being naked! lol

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
It's a normal phase. None of mine really got into it, but I keep them in outfits that don't allow for it. It has nothing to do with potty training readiness, unless she happens to be running to the bathroom and doing her business after she gets it off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)