Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High needs babies

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:18 PM
  • 13 Replies
My 8 month old is classic high needs. He needs constant action and is very fussy. He only naps on my lap and sleeps with me, I need a break. Help!!! Anyone have tips tricks, activities, games, sleep solutions. Thanks.
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
staci1103
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Sorry I'm no help at all, my nine month old has been this way from day one. But here's a bump

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:50 PM
My 21month old is like that. We just accepted it and roll with it.
Cass84
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:57 PM
We'll at least I'm not alone, lol.
abra
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you checked for any patterns or with your doctor? Two of my kids were diagnosed with colic, but it ended up just being a pain from their necks and backs being out from my rapid labors. A couple visits with a chiropractor who worked on infants and the problem was solved!

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I have an 8 month old high needs baby as well. I was at my quits end! The best thing I ever did was spend $3 and buy the book The Fussy Baby by Dr. Sears. It's all about the best ways to handle a high needs baby calmly and how to better understand their needs. It truly makes you feel like someone actually understands. Every sentence applied to my baby and it was such a huge relief. Go on ebay and find the book!

MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:34 PM
I had two of them! I just learned to go with the flow and attend to their needs. I learned to call for help when I really felt overwhelmed; I also dealt with PPD/depression. They were and are quick to develop, highly intelligent children. Getting outside with them, playing or just walking in the sunshine helped all of us. Good diet, supplements (multivitamin and magnesium) are particularly good.
Cass84
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM

So true! He's ahead on all his milestones, rolled over at 2 months, crawling and sitting up at 5 months standing and cruising at 6 months, now hes standing unsupported! I noticed an improvement in his temperment once he started crawling, he wants independence. I'm going to try the vitamins, thanks!

Quoting MusherMaggie: I had two of them! I just learned to go with the flow and attend to their needs. I learned to call for help when I really felt overwhelmed; I also dealt with PPD/depression. They were and are quick to develop, highly intelligent children. Getting outside with them, playing or just walking in the sunshine helped all of us. Good diet, supplements (multivitamin and magnesium) are particularly good.

Cass84
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I'm buying it tonight! thanks :)

Quoting Turtledoves:

I have an 8 month old high needs baby as well. I was at my quits end! The best thing I ever did was spend $3 and buy the book The Fussy Baby by Dr. Sears. It's all about the best ways to handle a high needs baby calmly and how to better understand their needs. It truly makes you feel like someone actually understands. Every sentence applied to my baby and it was such a huge relief. Go on ebay and find the book!

Cass84
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:07 PM

The doc, suspects a milk protein allergy, but I have tried elimination of dairy, no help. so idk?

Quoting abra:

Have you checked for any patterns or with your doctor? Two of my kids were diagnosed with colic, but it ended up just being a pain from their necks and backs being out from my rapid labors. A couple visits with a chiropractor who worked on infants and the problem was solved!

lilbmomma2014
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:25 PM

My son is like this too. His doctor recently told me to try giving him probiotics and so far he has been improving less fussy and more content as long as he is in the postion he wants to be in. Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)