Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting to Know You: Did you watch cartoons as a kid?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:35 PM
  • 17 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diamondcupcake
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes some are educational
JadeTigr7
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Yes I did, and my kids do watch TV, mostly cartoons, but way less than I did as a child.  I was latch key, so I watched TV from the time I went home until the time I went to bed at night.  My kids get maybe half an hour during the week, if that, and maybe 4 hours total on the weekend.

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:05 PM
No I watched Murder she Wrote, Columbo shows like that.
babygomez
by April on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I sure did.

My kids have been watching certain cartoons/shows since very early on, like 3 months of age.
abra
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Haha! Awesome. My kids are watching scooby doo right now.

Quoting babygomez: I sure did. My kids have been watching certain cartoons/shows since very early on, like 3 months of age.

babygomez
by April on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww they like Scooby doo? :) Amos has JUST been getting into it recently.

I tried showing them The Flinstones, they ran off. LOL

Quoting abra:

Quoting babygomez: I sure did.

My kids have been watching certain cartoons/shows since very early on, like 3 months of age.

abra
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

They love it!! They wanted to dress up as them this year, but we have friends who did it last year. Instead, they are going as superheros. Jude is crazy about the old Spidermans!

Quoting babygomez: Awww they like Scooby doo? :) Amos has JUST been getting into it recently. I tried showing them The Flinstones, they ran off. LOL
Quoting abra:

Quoting babygomez: I sure did. My kids have been watching certain cartoons/shows since very early on, like 3 months of age.

babygomez
by April on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
OMG cool! So are both of mine!!! :) The ones from the 60's! The other years as well, but they prefer the ones from the 60's. We have a couple of dvds but they usually watch on YouTube.

Quoting abra:

They love it!! They wanted to dress up as them this year, but we have friends who did it last year. Instead, they are going as superheros. Jude is crazy about the old Spidermans!

Quoting babygomez: Awww they like Scooby doo? :) Amos has JUST been getting into it recently.

I tried showing them The Flinstones, they ran off. LOL

Quoting abra:

Quoting babygomez: I sure did.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Yes and yes!

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Yes. My kids watch almost exclusively all of my childhood cartoons and shows. We don't have many modern shows they watch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)