Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wanting another one!!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:11 AM
  • 11 Replies

is it so wrong of me for wanting to get pregnant again? im 18 i have a girl who was put for open adoption when i was 15 and now i have a 8 month old boy and i want to have another baby.

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmeow
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Honestly, and since you asked, I would say it's not wrong to want another baby, but unless you have a good job or education and a stable relationship, it would probably be wrong to act on it.
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:50 AM

It is not wrong to want another baby. It is wrong to bring a child into this world you can't financially support. If you don't have a college education, good job with good insurance, etc..wait to have children. You're only 18 and have plenty of time.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

staci1103
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:40 AM
It's not "wrong" to want one but you are still very young.
la_bella_vita
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not wrong but it could be the wrong time for you. You have a lot of factors to consider. How will another child affect your life, your relationship and your fiances? Are you trying to further your education or advance in a career? 

My mom had me at 16 and married at 18. She wanted a baby since I was 1 but waited until I was 20 because they could afford a house, she finished college (she got her associates) and my father had time to finish college and his internship. I know she is glad she waited. She was almost 21 when my brother was born. 

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I don't personally feel it would be a good idea for you to bring another child into this world at this time.

RoaringLion
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Age is pretty much irrelevant, what matters is, can you AFFORD another child, and does your so want another child? I was 19 when we started trying for our second, and also 19 when I had our twins, so by 20, I was a mom of 3. We were able to easily afford them , otherwise, no matter how much I wanted another, I wouldn't have had another. So, can you afford to provide for another child?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on Dec. 13, 2014 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Its not wrong to want another baby, but timing is everything.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

It's not wrong but it could be the wrong time for you. You have a lot of factors to consider. How will another child affect your life, your relationship and your fiances? Are you trying to further your education or advance in a career? 

My mom had me at 16 and married at 18. She wanted a baby since I was 1 but waited until I was 20 because they could afford a house, she finished college (she got her associates) and my father had time to finish college and his internship. I know she is glad she waited. She was almost 21 when my brother was born. 

expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 13, 2014 at 11:02 PM
I agree with the other moms. It's not wrong to want another but be sure you ate financially ready before you act on it. It is very different with 2 and cost more.
ashwa
by Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 11:07 PM
This

Quoting kmeow: Honestly, and since you asked, I would say it's not wrong to want another baby, but unless you have a good job or education and a stable relationship, it would probably be wrong to act on it.
KokoJones
by on Dec. 14, 2014 at 12:39 PM

it's not wrong to want another baby... but it isn't something you should pursue if you aren't in a stable place in life. I was 18 when i got pregnant with my oldest. Her father was an abusive, cheating d-bag and i ended up leaving him when she was a month old. i did the single mom thing for 2 and a half years and was nearly convinced that i would be a single mom forever and she would be my only child when i met my husband. we have been together/married for 10 and a half years and now have five kids (he claims my oldest) and one on the way. but we are stable financially and in our marriage. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)