Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some comforting words and help

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM
  • 14 Replies
I am a mommy of 3 all under 3. My oldest is autistic and I just had all baby girl a week ago. It has been a frantic mess in this house and I just needed some stories or advice or SOMETHING to ease my mind. My little girl has not stopped crying. She doesn't seem happy unless she's sleeping. And for my other 2 they Andre crazier than it gets. I feel like the more there are the harder it gets to get this parenting thing under control. Routine is very rough these days. My husband goes away for work for 3 weeks at a time and I'm very nervous with no sleep and a very fussy baby how I am going to manage :( words of comfort are needed this way.
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Dec. 13, 2014 at 11:46 AM

I wish I had words of comfort for you, but I don't. ((Hugs))

MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Have you considered not keeping a schedule?

I'm going to have 2 under 2 in a month, and I'm so fearing what you're describing!  My SO works out of town normally for long periods too.  It's hard under normal circumstances I can only imagine how you're feeling.

Pregnancy Journal for 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 3334 | 35 | 36 | 37 weeks

mommyhonu
by Mary on Dec. 13, 2014 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Hang in there mommy. I know it all seems overwhelming at the moment. Take a moment and take a deep breath in. It'll be OK. If you have a friend or some family that could come over and keep an eye on your LOs for you so you can get anhour of sleep. I know its hard to ask for help but you never know till you ask (some family and friends are willing to help out when asked). And believe it or not a shower will do wonders for you. Something about the water will help you and you won't feel as overwhelmed with things. Have you considered baby wearing. Sometimes it just helps to have your LO close to you and still have your hands free. It'll get better you just need a lil more time so you can adjust to being mom of three. *hugs*
mommyhonu
by Mary on Dec. 13, 2014 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
And if you need a friend feel free to send me a friend invite.
YzmaRocks
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 6:55 PM
It gets better, I promise! I had three ages three and under once upon a time and my oldest is also autistic. Those first few weeks are bad but it the routine comes back. I know how important that routine is with an autistic little one but right now there isn't going to be much of one, simply because you are in the process of creating a new one. This transition will be tough but you will get it down and your little one will too. Do you have anyone who could help you? Because now is the time to ask! New mommy's need help in the beginning and time to recover, autistic child or not!
SamanthaSage
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Do you someone who can come in and help you once in a while? Can you hire some help for a couple of times a week to give you a bit of a break?

1L2CMommy
by Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 7:09 PM
4 moms liked this
I had 2 under 2, currently 3 years old and 4 years old. My DH worked 4 days out of town until our youngest was 8 months. This is hard. Very hard. My best advice is take it hour by hour, or even minute by minute, if you need to. Everything goes out the window. Your in survival mode. Whoever needs the attention right now, gets it. If the baby needs feeding, everything else waits. If the 1 year old needs pants changed, everything else waits. If the 3 year old needs snuggles, everything else waits. You job is getting you, and your 3 babies through the next 60 minutes. Fuck the dishes, fuck the laundry, fuck the vacuuming, fuck long phone conversations. If someone isn't calling to say they'll be there in 30 minutes to help, then you don't have time to talk.
I'm a big believer in schedules, and it seemed to help, if nothing else, my sanity! But if you can't do a schedule right now, fuck it. Just get through the next hour. This is your new motto. Just get through the next hour.
Eventually, very soon, you will be able to get a schedule together, and feel like you have some control. Not much, but some!
Your not doing it wrong, this is hard. But you can do it, if you focus on the short term (the next hour), versus the long term.
cduff2011
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
You all are so awesome and these words are encouraging and exactly what I need to hear. And the post above is absolutely amazing it gave me a good laugh but also is amazing advice. I appreciate all the words of advice. Thank you again.
expectantmom81
by Erin on Dec. 13, 2014 at 10:38 PM
My boys are 3 years apart so it wasn't as difficult. Hang in there and I'm sure it will get easier. I truly believe that God only gives us what we can handle. Hugs
howkhuntastic
by Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 11:17 PM
My kids are 2.5,1.5, and now 11 weeks. I'm just now getting some semblance of sanity and routine back. As that awesome later said let shit go that doesn't involve the babies. As long as you guys are fed and clean let go the other bull shit. It will get easier, in time a routine and schedule will develop. You got this mama no matter what you are the perfect mom for them. If you ever need to vent to someone who understands I'm available. My name is Jody :)

I also have a 5&4 year old. Believe me it gets easier and to where you can't imagine your life without all the chaos.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)