Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 mo. old waking up screaming and crying at night...

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:21 AM
  • 10 Replies

My 5 month old keeps waking up screaming and crying usually after 2 am.. I have no idea what is causing this. It's been happening occasionally since the beginning of this month. I've tried everything. I have no idea what to do.. is this normal?

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Babies are meant to sleep close to mom and have their needs, including feeding, met at night. Our "modern" way of child rearing is contrary to this. I co-slept with mine and was able to tend to them with minimal waking for them or me.
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Yes.
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:02 PM
She could also be teething, and the pain tends to be worse at night. Treat with Hyland's Homeopathic teething tablets, amber teething necklaces, raw sweet onion rubbed on the gums, cold teethers.
la_bella_vita
by on Dec. 22, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Yes, it's normal and quite possibly teething.

mcmlxxxv
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2014 at 10:03 PM
I think it could definitely be night terrors. My daughter had them at about the same age, and it was always during her midday nap. There's really nothing you can do except comfort them, but luckily it seems to have been a phase, and she rarely has them now. Apparently they may be associated with learning a new skill, such as rolling over. I have also noticed that my daughter tends to experience the night terrors when she gets overheated, so try to make sure your little one isn't too warm at night. Good luck
abra
by on Dec. 23, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Hungry? It is normal for them to wake up at night (sleeping through the night is a relatively recent practice born of the industrial revolution). When my babies woke up, I'd feed them, change them and lay them back down to play in their pack n play until they fell asleep again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NTPractitioner
by on Dec. 24, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Could be night terrors associated with the experiences of the baby or members in the family.  There could be other reasons.  Do you use flower essences?  They may help tremendously.

polkaspots
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:05 AM
Is the baby still crying after being fed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missmars786
by Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:26 AM
I'm thinking either teething or night terrors. My daughter would wake up with them and there was just no consoling the poor thing.
Just cuddle and love her, either way it is what your baby needs. : )
Mamajustice92
by Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:27 AM
Have you.started.those.vitamin supplements the doc.gave you?

If so when??I had to stop giving them to,my daughter because tbeyd.cause her to up all night screaming. The fluoride bothers.her...made her not sleep and sometimes throw up.

I think shes still to little for night terrors

Could be that maybe if youre.giving her those?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)