Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Got Him Sick!

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:41 PM
  • 13 Replies

I feel so bad right now. Whatever it is that I have, I'm fairly certain I gave to my son. He's running a low grade fever but he is miserable. I'm sure his throat is hurting cause he's crying and coughing. I gave him the last bit of tylenol to help with the pain but I don't have anything for his throat! I went to go get him something today because his throat didn't start bothering him today but both places I went were closed.

I have a feeling we're going to have to make a trip either to his doctor or to the ER. I'm hoping not but we will see.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceckyl
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Getting sick is a normal part of life. Unless something emergent happens, just hang out at home.
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Why go to the er? There is nothing that screams emergency. You would be exposing him to all kinds of germs.
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 9:16 AM
How old is he? If he's over a year, warm some honey just until it's soft and add a bit of lemon juice for him to swallow. Don't over treat the fever; fever helps fight infection. Sit in a steamy bathroom; fill the sink with hot water and put some Vick's Vapo-Steam or eucalyptus oil on the water.
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 11:51 AM

He's two and a half. Poor baby is not doing well at all. He spiked a 103.1 fever last night. I was out of fever reducer so I just stripped him down to nothing but a shirt and his diaper. That seemed to bring the fever down a lot.

Quoting MusherMaggie: How old is he? If he's over a year, warm some honey just until it's soft and add a bit of lemon juice for him to swallow. Don't over treat the fever; fever helps fight infection. Sit in a steamy bathroom; fill the sink with hot water and put some Vick's Vapo-Steam or eucalyptus oil on the water.

CafeMom Tickers
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Children's or infant ibuprofen is much better at reducing fever. I would put in a call to the pediatrician. If they're not open, I would try one of the minor emergency clinics, or drugstore clinics if they exist in your area.
la_bella_vita
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 5:27 PM

How is your son doing now?

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Not that good. Poor baby.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

CafeMom Tickers
la_bella_vita
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Aww : ( I hope he feels better soon!!!

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Now he is feeling a bit better. Game him some children's tylenol to help with his throat. I may cave and go buy myself some cold medicine so I can start feeling better. Hubby has been a HUGE help though, surprisingly. lol. He is the only person in the household not sick.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Aww : ( I hope he feels better soon!!!

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

CafeMom Tickers
polkaspots
by on Dec. 27, 2014 at 3:00 AM
The kids and I all have strep. The doctors told me it's going around right now. I'd suggest a trip to the Doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)