Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needing Mommy Support

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:45 AM
  • 8 Replies
I found out on the 26th I am pregnant with my 2nd child. I have not yet told my boyfriend. I'm having trouble even finding happiness about it all I can seem to do b is cry and when I'm not crying I want to cry. Mainly because I have a 2.5 year old daughter. Its been pretty much just Her and I her whole life. I met my boyfriend and he has 2 older boys 11 and 9. I keep looking at my daughter feeling heartbroken that it'll never be just her and I anymore and I don't want that. I used to think I wanted 3 or 4 kids now I'm terrified and feel terrible that I don't want to have another baby I'm not done spoiling my baby I have...I feel so sad hurt and confused
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:29 AM
2 moms liked this

((Hugs)) It can be normal to feel uncertain when you first learn of being pregnant. It's no small thing for anyone involved directly in your life, little babies bring big changes.

There is still plenty of time to spoil your little one before the newbie arrives and plenty of time for you to become more comfortable with the idea of the arrival of said newbie:)

la_bella_vita
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

((Hugs))

Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Good advice:)

Quoting Dragonmamas:

((Hugs)) It can be normal to feel uncertain when you first learn of being pregnant. It's no small thing for anyone involved directly in your life, little babies bring big changes.

There is still plenty of time to spoil your little one before the newbie arrives and plenty of time for you to become more comfortable with the idea of the arrival of said newbie:)

MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
It will all work out. You'll have three years between them, which is a nice spacing. You'll have a better idea of what to expect. If you will be nursing, come join the Breastfeeding Moms group. It's a great group of ladies, lots of support and information.
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

That's really common when you go from one child to more. I really, really wanted my second child, it took a long time to conceive him. Even so, once I was pregnant, I still felt really guilty and sad that my daughter would need to share my time and it wouldn't just be us anymore. She was 2.5 when my son was born. Once I saw how much she adored him and loved having a sibling, all those feelings went away and I loved having multiple kids! I've always wanted at least four and I no longer feel guilty about that.

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd like to add what you are feeling is very normal (I felt similar when I was pregnant) but once baby is born you will realize how everything works out : ) 

abra
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

((hugs)) I have 4 kids and I promise, love multiplies with each new child. 

howkhuntastic
by Member on Jan. 2, 2015 at 3:35 AM
Love is not finite. I have five kids and my heart expanded with each. Within a week with 2-5 I couldn't imagine life without them. What you feel is normal, give it time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)