Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Births

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Ari
  • 30 Replies

How have your births differed?

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Mine haven't much.

DS1 I was in labor for 12 hours, pushed three times and he was out. My water never broke.

DS2 I was in labor for 9 hours, pushed three times and he was out. My water never broke.

DS3 I was in labor for 9 hours, pushed three times and he was out. My water broke with him.

So pretty standard:)

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:32 PM

They're like night and day!

#1 took 10 hours on top on 3 days of early labor and PROM. #2 took 2 hours, including 0-10 dilating, pushing, water breaking, and baby in my arms.

#1 I pushed for 3.5 hours, #2 I pushed one time and he was out within 30 seconds. 

#1 I broke my tailbone, #2 I didn't. 

Doesn't seem like it, but #1 was a dream labor and birth compared to #2, which was horrible!

HisUsmcWifey
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:07 PM

They didn't really. My water broke with both girls, with Gianna it broke at 39 weeks and with Karalynn it broke at 36 weeks. I had sections with both girls. The only difference is that with Gianna I was dialted but not in any pain and with Karalynn I was in prodromal labor for a week, dialted, and in massive amounts of pain when I went into L&D to have her.

wife-4-life
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Dd1 was breeched so had a c-section. My incision got infected from me trying to do too much too soon so it took about 2-1/2 months for me to really heal.

Dd2 was a 100% natural VBAC. I labored 8-1/2hrs and pushed for about 30mins. Had a 3rd degree tear. But was healed after about 2wks.

Dd3 was another c-section. My water broke at 41-1/2wks and I went 12hrs without labor- nothing at all. So I went in to my drs and had a c-section 45mins later. Both baby and I had trouble with oxygen levels. I spent 5days in the hospital on oxygen, nebulizer treatments and steroids. Baby spent about 4hrs in NICU because she had really low oxygen levels. That was hard for me to not have her the first 4hrs of her life, but DH was with her. It took me about 6wks to heal.
Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:04 PM

I have one child, is no births to compare ;) hopefully someday soon, I can say I'll be looking forward to a second birth, hopefully it will be completely different. 

ELKmountain.mom
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Location/birth ideals was the biggest difference but they have all been wonderful! I wish my first two were also home births but I was thankful for healthy babies, easy pregnancies/births.

1st, water broke before labor. 7.5 hours, 1 of pushing as his hand was born next to his cheek so I had to go slow. Medicated no tearing

2nd, contractions started mild, I was 4cm when I went to my docs and sent to hodpital. Water broke at 6cm and she was born an hour later after waiting for the doctor to get in 3 pushes no tearing. 5.5 hours

3rd, home water birth. Contractions started mild and 5mins apart, grew slowly. Water broke right before pushing 2 pushes no tearing. 4 hours Labor was easy!

4th, home birth. Contractions started very irregular all day. At 8pm after a nap they started regualr 4-7mins apart and intense. Water broke 1.5 before birth. First contraction with the urge to bear down got her head out but I didn't push, I then pushed her body with the next contraction. Labor was intense but 4.5 hours so I lived;) no tearing

LittleRed80
by Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 3:40 PM
So were they born in their amniotic sacs? That's supposed to be lucky.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Mine haven't much.

DS1 I was in labor for 12 hours, pushed three times and he was out. My water never broke.

DS2 I was in labor for 9 hours, pushed three times and he was out. My water never broke.

DS3 I was in labor for 9 hours, pushed three times and he was out. My water broke with him.

So pretty standard:)

LittleRed80
by Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 3:44 PM
DD1 I had to be induced for hypertension at 40 weeks + 3. I had cervadil overnight and then about 14 hours of labor and got an epidural when I was about 9cm. I had a 3rd degree tear.

DS1 I had PPROM at 29 weeks and then went into labor at 31 weeks. It was about 12 hours and I got an epidural at about 5 cm. He was born frank breech.

DS2 I had prodromal labor for about a month and at 38 weeks when I was 6cm dilated I went in and had my water broken. I was in labor for about 1 1/2 hours. No meds.
ShowMustGoOn86
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 4:36 PM
My first I was 41 weeks with twins. It was about 6 hours long, with just an hour of pushing. After I got the on call doctor out of the room (he was pushing for a c-section) and my doctor came in, it was fine.

My second I was 34 weeks with a single baby, my water broke at the same time contractions started, and the whole process was just over an hour from start to finish, and I delivered a breech baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjchick75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 6:33 PM
My first was born at 38 weeks. The actual labor and delivery wasn't bad. I was in labor 6 hours and pushed twice. Emotionally it was my hardest delivery. My husband died shortly after we found out I was pregnant. She came earlier than expected so my parents and other family members couldn't make it, so I was alone. I cried through most of the labor and the nurses had no idea how to deal with me so they didn't. They were very cold and matter of fact. It was just really hard.

My second was at 42 weeks exactly. I was in labor 4 hours and pushed once. Up until the baby actually born, it was picture perfect. But I tore very very very badly and lost a massive amount of blood. My husband later told me, he thought I was going to bleed out right there. They took me to the OR to sew me up and I didn't even get to see my baby for over an hour. It was scary and crazy.

My third was twins and they were born at 35 weeks. It was pretty well painless. I felt pressure but nothing more. It was about 2.5 hours long and I delivered both babies in two pushes. It was far and away my easiest delivery. After the nightmare that pregnancy was, I deserved an easy birth lol.

My last was at home at 39 weeks. It was the most amazing experience of my life. The midwife didn't make it in time so it was just my husband and I. It took about 4 hours and I pushed twice. My husband caught him and we both cried like babies! Baby was sunny side up so I had a ton of back labor. But overall it was a picture perfect delivery.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)