Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it take you forever to get out the door?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:55 AM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this
What am I doing wrong? I'm trying not to isolate myself, but it's so hard to actually get out the door with the baby! I keep getting stuck in these cycles of "bottle, diaper, try to get myself dressed, baby needs something random, bottle, diaper, etc." then I eventually finally get out the door, our activity lasts less then half the time it took to get there, and I spend the next couple of hours trying to clean up the mess I made trying to leave! Most of the time, I've been opting to just stay home, but that isn't healthy and I'm getting cooped up. Any advice? Thanks!
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

How old is your baby? It took me a little while to get the hang of things. But, really it was all about being organized. I always had the diaper bag packed, when we came back to the house whatever we used is replaced. That way you just grab the bag as you go out the door. And getting up earlier than the baby, it's really difficult to get yourself ready after the baby is up. And no matter what, don't just stay home cooped up, get out and who cares if you don't get out of the house until 2pm, just go walk around the mall or something. You'll go crazy if you stay home! Good luck :)

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm actually pretty quick now when it's just me and the kids, throw my husband in the mix and it takes forever!

I think the age of your baby makes a huge difference too.

sjenkins8208
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Get yourself ready and everything else....THEN do baby! And then when baby gets to be 1,2,3,4,5......and so on still get YOU and EVERYTHING else ready first lol.
la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:24 PM

I feel like it takes forever too, lol

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:25 PM

One thing I have found that helps is about 30 minutes before I leave, I put everything in the car, I will need to take with me,so all I need to bring is the kid's out

C8linVilla
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:50 PM
Get everything ready to go the night before make suure car is packed and ready. Lay out baby and your clothes and make sure to get started 15'30 min early. Take a shower the night before? Or get all ready to go whkle baby is asleep even if it means waking a little early. Ive got 4 kids ages 1,3,4,6 and im pregnant but i dont drive. It takes me an hour to get kids and me all ready to go and thats with my 6 yr old helping. It shouldnt be to much if you have just one. Just grt into a rythem and u will get it
kajira
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:53 PM

I breastfeed, so I throw some diapers and a spare out fit in the diaper bag, make sure I have keys, cell phone, and a few snacks for older kids, and leave.

I try to keep it as simple as possible. I get myself ready to go first, then the kids, oldest to youngest. LOL

PinkGlitterBomb
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:51 PM
I kept it simple. An extra set of clothes, diapers and wipes, and out the door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:00 PM

What always helped me was having a seperate diaper bag in the car with the basics (diapers, wipes, change of clothes, a few toys) that way all I had to do was get us ready and grab her a few diapers.

WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:34 PM
It takes me longer now that my daughter walks and has mastered the stairs. When she was a baby we got ready between feedings. Like other ladies, I always keep the diaper bag packed and replace when I get home. Sometimes it was 2-3 by the time I got us out of the house.

ETA... I do work but I was on maternity leave for 10 weeks and I am/was off all summer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)