Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

husband ready to kick baby out of bed

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:01 PM
  • 47 Replies
My husband has been on me to get my four month old into her crib,but I really don't know how to go about it. She has slept with me since the day she was born and I refuse to let her cry in her crib alone at this age. Does anyone have any tips?
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiki719
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
This is exactly why I.never did that. I make my kids sleep alone from day one, May be put the crib in your room.
kiki719
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
My cousins baby just died last year at 4 months. He was in bed with her the pillow smothered him.. He was gone when she woke up. Another reason I let.my kids cry .
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:08 PM
That's what we did, because I refused to bedshare. They slept in bassinets in our bedroom at night, and they napped in their crib in their bedroom during the day. Breaking a bedsharing habit sucks.

Quoting kiki719: This is exactly why I.never did that. I make my kids sleep alone from day one, May be put the crib in your room.
KelliansMom
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:10 PM
Take baby steps. Start with the crib or a pack in play in your room and go from there. My son sleeps in his pack in play next to our bed for half the night and then with us the rest of the night.
kiki719
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:11 PM
Mine NEVER sleep in my room. I have moniters they go in thier crib the day we come home. But if they were in my roo it will not be in my bed

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole: That's what we did, because I refused to bedshare. They slept in bassinets in our bedroom at night, and they napped in their crib in their bedroom during the day. Breaking a bedsharing habit sucks.

Quoting kiki719: This is exactly why I.never did that. I make my kids sleep alone from day one, May be put the crib in your room.
Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:14 PM
Us too. No babies in our bed, no habits to break.

OP I'd move her in a pack and play or something next to your bed and go from there. There is a huge middle ground between bed sharing and crying alone in a room.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole: That's what we did, because I refused to bedshare. They slept in bassinets in our bedroom at night, and they napped in their crib in their bedroom during the day. Breaking a bedsharing habit sucks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amichelle28
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:50 PM
Thank you. Her crib is in my room she just never has liked it. Even when she naps during the day it's in my arms. She is just really attached to me plus she nurses in her sleep.

Quoting KelliansMom: Take baby steps. Start with the crib or a pack in play in your room and go from there. My son sleeps in his pack in play next to our bed for half the night and then with us the rest of the night.
KelliansMom
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:54 PM
Make her crib smell like you and start with napping in there that will help sleeping in it at night. Don't stress if she Downey make it for long stretches. Like start with a small goal like having her sleep for an hour in the crib and work up from there.

Quoting amichelle28: Thank you. Her crib is in my room she just never has liked it. Even when she naps during the day it's in my arms. She is just really attached to me plus she nurses in her sleep.

Quoting KelliansMom: Take baby steps. Start with the crib or a pack in play in your room and go from there. My son sleeps in his pack in play next to our bed for half the night and then with us the rest of the night.
amichelle28
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:56 PM
OK I will try that tomorrow thanks so much for the advice! That's a great idea!

Quoting KelliansMom: Make her crib smell like you and start with napping in there that will help sleeping in it at night. Don't stress if she Downey make it for long stretches. Like start with a small goal like having her sleep for an hour in the crib and work up from there.

Quoting amichelle28: Thank you. Her crib is in my room she just never has liked it. Even when she naps during the day it's in my arms. She is just really attached to me plus she nurses in her sleep.

YzmaRocks
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:00 PM
You can start with naps. Much easier that way! You could also attach the crib to your bed. That way baby is still near you but has a separate sleeping space.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)