Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age did....

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:05 PM
  • 9 Replies

Your LO start breathing out of their mouth....

odd question i know but Lucia my 18 month old still wont. If i pinch her nose she will hold it and then slap my hand away. (of course i dont hold it i play that I got your nose game.) Anyways she has not gotten sick to where she cant breath out of her nose yet but i really thought my other 3 learned way before now. Just a random question Lol 

So how old is your kids and do they breath out of their mouth? 

Like Free stuff? Come check us out! We have Frugal Ideas, Freebies, Sweepstakes, Instant win games & more! Even ways to Earn Money. ]C8lin's Freebie Page 100% Free stuff! Group - CafeMom

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kmeow
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:13 PM
My daughter has been mouth-breathing since she was born. I know this because when she used to nap on my chest she would snore horribly and drool all over me.
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:05 PM
I'm a mouth breather. I can't stand to have my mouth covered.
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:09 PM

According to a few doctors, babies usually learn how to breathe out of their mouths around 4 months old. 

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Interesting

Quoting Turtledoves:

According to a few doctors, babies usually learn how to breathe out of their mouths around 4 months old. 

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 11:27 AM

I thought so too. I never knew babies even had to learn how to breathe out of their mouths, I thought they could just do it. When Will got RSV though, he had a hard time breathing from his nose and never tried breathing from his mouth. His pediatrician and two hospital doctors kept saying he was too young to breathe from his mouth and most babies learn how to do that around 4 months old (at the time he was only 7 weeks old)

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Interesting

Quoting Turtledoves:

toddler girlbaby boypuppy

Katie Belle- 7.2.11 & Will - 12.27.13

smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 11:29 AM
I've never realized that they didn't.
Mamabear11314
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 11:32 AM

I think around 12 months? I should know this because my son is 14 months lol. He breaths out of his mouth now but I don't remember when he started. Same goes for my daughter but she's four now and has been doing that since a year too.

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 12:59 PM

I didn't either

Aww, Poor baby Will : ( I remember that

Quoting Turtledoves:

I thought so too. I never knew babies even had to learn how to breathe out of their mouths, I thought they could just do it. When Will got RSV though, he had a hard time breathing from his nose and never tried breathing from his mouth. His pediatrician and two hospital doctors kept saying he was too young to breathe from his mouth and most babies learn how to do that around 4 months old (at the time he was only 7 weeks old)

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Interesting

Quoting Turtledoves:

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 5:33 PM

I had no idea. Learn something new every day!

Quoting Turtledoves:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)