Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two in One Month? Warning: tmi but I'm Concerned

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:54 PM
  • 23 Replies

I had my second baby last October. My first period was around the time I returned to work (roughly January 5). I just realized I am currently spotting. It's not bright red but it's definitely something. There was some cramping the last few days but I figured that was just from too much caffeine and maybe not enough water. 

Is it possible to have two periods within weeks of each other? My period a few weeks ago was very very heavy and lasted about 7 days. Of course I hadn't had one since January of 2014 so maybe my body just felt like kicking my ass to make up for lost time. 

Here is why it's concerning me.

I recently started taking Krav Maga. It's a very physical self-defense class (a lot of bag holding - kicking- punching while holding the bag against chest/stomach. I'm getting kicked and punched by men, too, and at times the momentum moves me backward and off balance a little). I am a caffeine addict. Coffee, Monsters, Red Bulls, No-Doze once in a while.

I am also 39. My eating habits are not the best. I sleep intermittently and am never fully rested (have a 2 1/2 year old and 3 month old).

Could this spotting be a miscarriage? This is my concern. 

I miscarried 6 months before getting pregnant with the baby I just had and it was unquestionably one. I was 7 weeks, heartbeat confirmed, and when I MCed, it was painful, violent, and I was rushed to a hospital via ambulance . At the time I was at a church out of town when it happened. I knew it was more than likely going to happen. I has been spotting, and my doctor kind of prepared me. Anyway the priests and the bishop at this mass on that day were the ones who insisted on the ambulance, but I digress. 

Or is this just random spotting? Any moms out there experience something similiar after having a baby? 

EDIT: Spotting turned into an actual period. Thank you, sincerely, all of you ladies who offered your thoughts and personal experiences. I'm going to chalk it up to irregularity after baby #2. Thank you, again, everyone :) 💛

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmygirls59
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 12:00 AM

After YDD, my periods were all kind of wacky. I had a period for 3 months straight, then no period for 2 months, then 4-5 periods in two months, then I got pregnant again. What I'm getting at is, periods are crazy after giving birth, so this might just be a passing thing.

HazelBug
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 4:26 AM
Periods can be really weird after having a baby. Are you breastfeeding at all? A breastfeeding mom has different hormones in her system than one who isn't. Even 1 nursing session a day can be enoug to make your cycle wonky.
DMB41
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 6:02 AM

No, unfortunately that only lasted a few weeks after she was born. She turned 3 months on the 20th

Quoting HazelBug: Periods can be really weird after having a baby. Are you breastfeeding at all? A breastfeeding mom has different hormones in her system than one who isn't. Even 1 nursing session a day can be enoug to make your cycle wonky.

jessicasmom1
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 8:37 AM

oh IDK I have 1 living child and 1 miscarriage my monthly has never returned to normal since three years ago

DMB41
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Thank you. I won't worry too much. It seems this is a common thing. Krav is such a physical activity, part of me feared I might have been then miscarried. 

Not that we are trying. 

I'm too old to have another. I was pushing it with my last one, but so far she's healthy, beautiful, and perfect :) but it doesn't change the fact she came from a 38-year-old egg ewww lol 

Here are pics from Krav class. That's me getting kicked repeatedly- until the instructor says stop. We were running through stations during this pic. Mine was front kicks.  We take a lot of crap to the stomach in this class. That's me punching a bag. lol when that guy kept kicking, I think he actually made me pee a little lol ok I'm kidding. Kind of lol 

Quoting jessicasmom1:

oh IDK I have 1 living child and 1 miscarriage my monthly has never returned to normal since three years ago

Madelaine
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 9:46 AM

My periods were always like that after each child.  It took a year or so for each to get back to normal.

abra
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 1:48 PM

This! 

Quoting luvmygirls59:

After YDD, my periods were all kind of wacky. I had a period for 3 months straight, then no period for 2 months, then 4-5 periods in two months, then I got pregnant again. What I'm getting at is, periods are crazy after giving birth, so this might just be a passing thing.

la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 2:11 PM

My periods were always wacky the first two years or so

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2015 at 12:17 AM

It took a while for mine to get back to normal, but I don't know if you should be getting kicked in the stomach that soon after birth.  I would definitely give the dr. a call and see what they say.

janessa27
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2015 at 8:09 AM

I am not sure. It took awhile before my periods got on a normal track-  after all 3 of my pregnancies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)