Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soft spots

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:48 PM
  • 22 Replies
When does a baby's soft spot close? And how do you know if it's closed properly??

I ask because tonight while bathing my youngest, I notice she has an kinda soft indent and bump on the top of her head, where the baby soft spot is. She turns 2 in two weeks. (Pic in comments)
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wife-4-life
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:50 PM

Mobile Photo

The hand is pointing to the indent.
wife-4-life
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:52 PM

Mobile Photo

This hand is pointing to the bump.
wife-4-life
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:53 PM
Sorry, seeing the pic isn't as easy as touching her head. I plan on calling her dr to ask but can't do that till Monday. I know my older two didn't have this at 2.
Madelaine
by Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 9:48 AM

I see the bump but my kids didnt have that at two years old.  Defnitely take her to the doctor and see whats up.

wife-4-life
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 11:04 AM
Thanks. This morning the bump is still there but there isn't a tender spot anymore it seems. I'm onna have my DH look at it when he wakes up. I hate having to wait till Monday to talk to the dr.

Quoting Madelaine:

I see the bump but my kids didnt have that at two years old.  Defnitely take her to the doctor and see whats up.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 12:17 PM

Soft spots can take up until two years old to close. I can't really tell anything on the pictures. It's possible she just bumped her head and has a small bump, but if you're concerned I'd give the doctor a call and see what they say.

abra
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 1:49 PM

I agree

Quoting Turtledoves:

Soft spots can take up until two years old to close. I can't really tell anything on the pictures. It's possible she just bumped her head and has a small bump, but if you're concerned I'd give the doctor a call and see what they say.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 1, 2015 at 2:12 PM

Quoting Turtledoves:

I agree!

MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 6:10 PM
Is she acting normal?
wife-4-life
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 6:24 PM
She has a nasty cough and very runny nose. She's been a bit whiny the last couple days.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Is she acting normal?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)