Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you slow vax or delay vaccinating your kids?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:40 PM
  • 18 Replies

Did you slow vax or delay vaccinating your kids? What was your reason? (It could be used in an upcoming article on The Stir!) 

by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:48 PM
We delay vaccinated with my first 2 children. My 3rd we vaccinated on schedule, but stopped when she was 1 when she had reactions to the vaccines. My last 6 are not vaccinated at all.
AngelLovingLife
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:03 PM
NO, they're all fully vaxed and on schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmelly2009
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:05 PM
Oh no not this again...(grabbing the popcorn)
luvmygirls59
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:17 PM
I only delayed the chicken pox with my.youngest because my oldest had a terrible reaction to it.
Crob4
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:46 PM

We delay vaccinating until one year old. My kids are fully vaccinated aside from the flu and gardacil vaccines. We do 1-2 shots at a time and they're fully up to date by the time they start school. I believe in the efficacy of vaccines but I believe tiny babies are given too many at once. 

kiki719
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:57 PM
No I vaccinated all mine every 2 month till they were one then at 5. I don't believe in not vaccinating them
lizfnf
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:01 PM
We slow vaxed. I had seizures do to a reaction to vaccinations as a baby so it was already in my medical record. My daughter developed my same allergic reaction to penicillin. Once that happened we went the route of more visits with few vaccines given at each one. She was on time for school purposes and she was not in daycare so it was a minimal risk that kept her safer and me saner. With my history I felt better being able to closely watch her as a baby. The last 5 year old round we did all at once. I am non vaxed by doctor's orders. I need to rely on herd immunity.
PrincessKarma
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:10 PM

I went in very slow in vaccinating. In the beginning I wasn't that educated. I did it because I thought you had to, or because everyone did. It wasn't but a few months I decided I wouldn't continue with vaccinating at all.

Harlot
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:14 PM

Delayed. I don't approve of how young and intense the schedule is. They're fighting maternal instinct with that, and for me, they lost

staci1103
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:56 PM

My older two had everything but the varicella because it was very new back then.  My younger 2 have been on schedule except with my baby I delayed his MMR and varicella until 15 months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)