Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Tips to be a Put-Together Mama

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

5 Tips to be a Put-Together Mama

Fact: Moms are busy.

I remember after my first child was born just thinking, so this is it. It’s yoga pants and and pony tails from here on out. I figured, moms are just frumpy, I guess. Then I became really good friends with another mom who always looked so good. Hair done, wearing cute outfits, and makeup, at the play ground?! She quickly became the friend who you didn’t want to be caught wearing yoga pants with and I always tried a little harder when I knew I was going to be around her.

Fast forward 4 years, and I think I have almost mastered the art of being a put-together mom, and it doesn’t take tons of time, because we all know moms don’t have tons of time. Here are my 5 quick, simple tips to being a put-together, busy mom.

1. Don’t wash Your hair daily

If you are a mom washing your hair every day, you are likely the mom who is also wearing lots of pony tails. Stop it. Go a day or two between washes, and if you can, shower at night after the kids are in bed. Let it air dry before you go to sleep so when you wake up you can flat iron or curl it. Make best friends with DRY SHAMPOO!!!

2. Pass on the low pony

Us moms tend to fall into the low pony trap. It’s quick, it’s easy, it’s (usually) frumpy. Step away. Play with sock buns and other second day hair ideas. These styles don’t take long but they are pretty and make you look like you’ve got stuff together.

3. Wear light, easy makeup

I feel like some women tend to give up on makeup because doing your whole face up is a lot of work. But for every day living, when you’re out with your kids you don’t need to be done ALL up. But do take the time to put on some mascara and some blush and/or bronzer. It will automatically make you look more awake (even though us moms are almost always exhausted), and put together. Finish with a pretty nude gloss or a tinted chap stick. That takes all of 3 minutes. If you can leave a few minutes early, you can spend a few minutes doing your makeup in the car.

4. Dress that part

Is it really that much easier to put on yoga pants and a hoodie? The answer is no. Put on some jeans, and a cute pair of comfortable flats. You can’t go wrong with a pair of jeans and nude flats. If your child bearing has taken it’s toll on your body (like me) and you don’t feel like you can wear cute clothes, try Spanx (the BEST shapewear)! I wear them every single day to keep everything in nice and tight and I am obsessed!

5. Paint your nails

Okay, I’m not sure most people will even notice if you painted your nails or not, but there is just something about having my nails painted that make me feel like I look like i’ve got it together. Finding time to paint your nails is tricky, so here is my secret! When we are driving somewhere in the car more than 15-20 minutes away, I load everyone up and then paint my nails before we go. That way they have time to dry before I need to handle the kids.

So what do you think? Are these tips doable? I’m not telling you to get up extra early or anything! Just simple tips to help you look and feel a little better!

(source)

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:50 PM

These are great! All things I do!  I usually wash my hair once a week. In between I use dry shampoo.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:54 PM
Oh man...I've been rocking the low pony tail for the past 17 months...lol
abra
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

haha! You are in good company. A messy bun is my go to hairstyle. :-)

Quoting Luke8212013: Oh man...I've been rocking the low pony tail for the past 17 months...lol

WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:46 PM
Lol! I do the low pony sometimes too. But I wrap a piece of hair around it instead of a pony tail holder.
I only wash my hair once a week. Lol... any more than that it would probably fall out.
AngelLovingLife
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:49 PM
Thanks for sharing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 1:21 PM

I used to love the low pony LOL

I'm a braiding addict but my hair is a bit short now to do much fun stuff

My3sons85021
by on Feb. 20, 2015 at 12:52 PM

I just cut some bangs, and I'm so glad I did! All I have to do is blow it dry and it looks polished and styled. So easy! 

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Feb. 20, 2015 at 3:18 PM

I wash my hair every 2-3 days and use dry shampoo in between when needed.

I do a pouf on top and a low pony pulled to the side most days which is much prettier and still takes two seconds.

I wear light makeup most days, it just depends on what I'm doing. If I have an appointment or work I do heavier makeup.

I pretty much live in jeans and cotton t shirts. You'll never see me in public in yoga pants, lol.

I only paint my nails with clear polish to keep them strong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)