Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you spoil them?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:41 AM
  • 25 Replies
Yesterday I brought My baby over to her great grandma and I was kissing her telling her how cute she was, she says oh I would stop kissing her if I were you there's no one who is going to b kissing her all day when your gone! I'm like wtf she's a baby. She must have treated her children horribly. She shows no sign of love at all. She makes me really angry always telling me to stop holding her and kissing her and giving her attention.

Im not sorry for showing affection and loving my baby. Im always going to spoil her. Do you guys spoil your kids. By the way Melanie is only 3 months...
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmygirls59
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I still kiss and hug my kids all day and they're 1 1/2 and 4... idc who says anything, they're my babies and I love them, so I'm gonna show it! :D Keep spoiling that baby with kisses
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:31 AM
You can't spoil a baby with love and attention:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:35 AM

That's really sad. You can't spoil a baby, especially by showing them love and affection! My kids get hugs, kisses and I love you's all day every day. They're sweet and loving because of it.

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:52 AM
I am always showing affection, holding my kids, etc.
abra
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Showing affection is not spoiling. If anything, you are teaching your daughter that she is worthy of respect, love and devotion. 

abra
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Technically, you CAN spoil them with attention because you aren't teaching them personal boundaries or respecting theirs (which is important for having functional relationships).  But you CANNOT spoil them with love. 

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: You can't spoil a baby with love and attention:-)

Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:10 PM
I give my son hugs and kisses all day and I tell him I love him all the time!
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:19 PM
No you can't spoil a BABY. They become independent regardless, when they are ready.

Quoting abra:

Technically, you CAN spoil them with attention because you aren't teaching them personal boundaries or respecting theirs (which is important for having functional relationships).  But you CANNOT spoil them with love. 

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: You can't spoil a baby with love and attention:-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:23 PM

No, my daughter is two and I still give her hugs and kisses all day everyday.

HisUsmcWifey
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

You cannot spoil your children with love, or by holding them. I still love all over my 8 year old and give her kisses anytime I can because I know soon enough it won't be "cool" to be loved all over by your mom and she's going to avoid it at all costs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)