Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teething rash or from soy milk?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:28 PM
  • 32 Replies
She has been getting a tooth for about a week but we just started her on soy milk the last few days...She has not been drooling at all. She's also had excess gas, and fuzziness & she's 15 mons old and was nonstop nursing all last night. She's never had A teething rash before and I'm leaning towards the milk but want to know what you all think?

I'm not giving her the soy milk, I'm trying her on almond milk next. Just trying to figure out if it's the milk or something else that caused it.
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommy85
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Mobile Photo

expectantmom81
by Erin on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:36 PM
It's hard to say for sure but my guess would be the soy milk.
la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:06 PM

I'm not sure, my kid's unfortuantley got my sensitive skin, we all get rash's easy, it does look similar to my DD's teething rash.

momofsixangels
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:26 PM

To me I would think teething rash

egyptian_mommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Combined with the gas I'd say it's the milk. Almond and coconut milk are great if you're looking for alternatives. There's also one that combines the two that's really good. Oh cashew milk is good too.
Kmakksmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:46 PM
I would say it's from the milk.
Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:51 PM

My son never had a teething rash, so I'm not really sure. Only way to know is stop the soy milk wait for the rash to clear, then try it again. 

motherofzandz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:23 PM

It looks like a teething rash but combined with the other syptoms I would say the milk.Maybe if you take the milk away for a few days and the rash clears up that will solve it for sure? 

wife-4-life
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:31 PM
I agree. Soy isn't that great for us anyways.

Quoting egyptian_mommy: Combined with the gas I'd say it's the milk. Almond and coconut milk are great if you're looking for alternatives. There's also one that combines the two that's really good. Oh cashew milk is good too.
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:36 PM

I would bet on the soy.  Even if it wasn't I would recommend against consuming soy.

Quote:

Confused About Soy?–Soy Dangers Summarized

• High levels of phytic acid in soy reduce assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc. Phytic acid in soy is not neutralized by ordinary preparation methods such as soaking, sprouting and long, slow cooking. High phytate diets have caused growth problems in children.
  • Trypsin inhibitors in soy interfere with protein digestion and may cause pancreatic disorders. In test animals soy containing trypsin inhibitors caused stunted growth.
  • Soy phytoestrogens disrupt endocrine function and have the potential to cause infertility and to promote breast cancer in adult women.
  • Soy phytoestrogens are potent antithyroid agents that cause hypothyroidism and may cause thyroid cancer. In infants, consumption of soy formula has been linked to autoimmune thyroid disease.
  • Vitamin B12 analogs in soy are not absorbed and actually increase the body’s requirement for B12.
  • Soy foods increase the body’s requirement for vitamin D.
  • Fragile proteins are denatured during high temperature processing to make soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein.
  • Processing of soy protein results in the formation of toxic lysinoalanine and highly carcinogenic nitrosamines.
  • Free glutamic acid or MSG, a potent neurotoxin, is formed during soy food processing and additional amounts are added to many soy foods.
  • Soy foods contain high levels of aluminum which is toxic to the nervous system and the kidneys.

Read our weekly pregnancy journal for...
27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 3334 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | BIRTH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)