Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Switching baby's doctors

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:29 PM
  • 35 Replies

How difficult is it to switch a baby's doctors? Do I need to sign forms to release records? Do I have to be personally present to sign those forms, or is it usually done via fax?

by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suomynona_amam
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:12 PM
I just gave them doctors their appointment summaries. We get one after every appointment. It has all the pertinent info from each appointment. I keep all the important ones like vaccines and actual illnesses (not colds or ear infections)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charm2mama
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:15 PM
It was like this for us too.

Quoting suomynona_amam: I just gave them doctors their appointment summaries. We get one after every appointment. It has all the pertinent info from each appointment. I keep all the important ones like vaccines and actual illnesses (not colds or ear infections)
suomynona_amam
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:24 PM
I know a lot of places don't do that, but I've always taken my kids to clinic type offices instead of individual doctors. They all have one doctor that they go to, but there's also others there that we can go to any time. I never have to worry about taking a kid with an ear infection to the er because the doctor won't be in for a few days. I just have to wait until morning.

Quoting charm2mama: It was like this for us too.

Quoting suomynona_amam: I just gave them doctors their appointment summaries. We get one after every appointment. It has all the pertinent info from each appointment. I keep all the important ones like vaccines and actual illnesses (not colds or ear infections)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:16 PM

Pretty easy. Yes, you sign release forms and usually fill out a new form for the new office and they usually take care of the rest. I believe through fax is fine.

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:31 PM

Quoting Turtledoves:

Pretty easy. Yes, you sign release forms and usually fill out a new form for the new office and they usually take care of the rest. I believe through fax is fine.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:09 PM
I believe the doctors take care of all that.
rosie654
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:18 PM

I was wondering if I would have to go back to the old dr's office to sign the release form, or can I sign it at the new dr's office and have it faxed to the old one? It's kind of awkward for me to sign the form at the old dr's office as we are leaving.

abra
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:18 PM
this! :-) Good luck!

Quoting Turtledoves:

abra
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM
you do the paperwork at the new doctors office so you don't have to talk to the old doc :-)

Quoting rosie654:

I was wondering if I would have to go back to the old dr's office to sign the release form, or can I sign it at the new dr's office and have it faxed to the old one? It's kind of awkward for me to sign the form at the old dr's office as we are leaving.

AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 9:11 AM
Usually when you make an appointment at a new office they will have you sign a release at your current dr to release your records. You can geberally fax it in. It's a pretty easy process.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)