• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you care for your baby's gentle skin?

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:27 PM
  • 112 Replies
2 moms liked this

Baby's skin can be so delicate.  Even as they get older their skin must continue to be nourished, protected and healed and it can be a challenge to find the right routine and products. 

We gave the moms of CafeMom Cetaphil Baby Skincare products and asked them to try the products with their children and share their experience with all of you.  Check out what they had to say below.

Designed to be gentle enough for an infant's skin, Cetaphil Baby Skincare offers products that are paraben free, mineral oil free, hypoallergenic, and dermatologist tested.  From the makers of the #1 dermatologist and pediatrician recommended skincare brand.

What do you do to care for your baby's skin?  Are there any specific ingredients you look for in skincare products?

by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Apr. 13, 2015 at 11:24 PM

My name is Shakira and I have 3 little girls, with my youngest being nearly 8 months old and we live in South Florida.  With my kids, I gave them daily massages with deep moisturizing lotion as part of their regular naptime/bedtime routine, use perfume-free and color-free detergent on their clothes, petroleum jelly to prevent diaper rashes and on any patches of dry skin, use sunblock and try and find the most natural/organic solutions to their skin needs.  I am looking forward to receiving the Cetaphil products because I have noticed some patches on the baby and her older sister has eczema.  I also enjoy the fact that it is a natural product and should be less harmful to their gentle skin. 

Mom2jngnc
by on Apr. 14, 2015 at 8:53 AM

I haven't used Cetaphil before. 
However, in 2008 when my DN (dear niece) skin was at it's worst (she is far worse off than my Alex), it was prescribed by her dermatologist. BM made my Mom go to the pharmacy to pick it up in a snow storm, then never used it. It was on her eczema care plan for a couple of different things. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 14, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Hello, I'm Britt, I live in Maryland near DC and I'm the mom of 4. Two girls and two boys. I'm a SAHM, aspiring writer and married to my high school sweetheart. No specific skin care routines, just the normal baths and lotion as needed. We watch what kind of products we use. We try to go as natural as possible. I have sensitive skin as well. Yes, I've used Cetaphil facewash before. I really liked the packaging and the ease with which I was able to squirt things out, no mess and no fuss! I liked them all equally, maybe the oil the least because I don't really like the texture but my daughter loved the oil. I loved the wash & the wash/shampoo mix because of the smell. The lotion smelled fantastic and the children enjoyed getting rubbed down, lol My favorite part is how I'm protecting their skin from rashes and excema and helping them smell fantastic, lol. 

Yes, I plan to buy this again and recommend, once I like something, I keep using it, lol. My DD already asked for another bath because she wanted to use the soap again, lol. 

mrswillie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Mobile Photo

Hi! I'm CeeCee From beautiful West Virginia! Even though my youngest baby is 18 my grandkids are over here so much I know I would get a chance to use the Cetaphil products on them. Every time they come over they ask to take a bath since we have a deep jetted Garden corner tub. It's like a wave pool to them!

I received my products today which included moisturizing oil, daily lotion, ultra moisturizing wash, and wash and shampoo. I have to say, I am tempted to try the oil and lotion on my own hands. They all have a very light, fresh, clean scent.

bioteach
by on Apr. 14, 2015 at 6:13 PM
Hello, I am Ashlie & I live in north central Ohio with my husband & our two boys. I have a 4 year old who has eczema on his face, & although I have never used Cetaphil, I have heard it is good to use on eczema. I'm excited to see how his skin responds to it. Our baby, 4 months old, seems to have "normal" skin so far, but I also currently use a different sensitive skin wash on him.

Currently the boys get a bath every other night. But as the weather gets nicer that will mean more outside play...& dirt. So I'm sure my oldest will start getting a bath almost nightly soon.
eChard
by Member on Apr. 14, 2015 at 8:34 PM

Hi, my name is Emily and I am a mom to three grown daughter and my 2 year old son Paul.  I live in Southern New Jersey.

Paul has very sensitive skin, he often gets very dry patches on his arms, legs, and occasionally his cheeks.  I have tried many different products and I have found only one that lessens his skin condition.  I always moisturize his skin after his bath.   

I have nver tried Cetaphil products before, so I thought this was a great opportunity to explore some new options for Paul.  I received the products yesterday and I tried them out last night.  The product packagin was apppealing, the scent is WONDERFUL, and the shampoo and wash were thick and lathered beautifully.  The oil was not too thick and went on smooth. I checked his skin this morning, and it was still moisturized and no bumps or redness.  M

Honestly, my favorite things cannot be narrowed down to just one.  I loved the fragrance, I kept smelling his hair :)  I also liked that the products do not contain parabens or petroleum products.  The organic oils were a very nice addition.  I believe it is true to the claim that they are hypoallerganic, as he has had no reaction as of yet.

I will definitely buy more of this line and I have already recommended it to my sister for my young nephew for all of the above reasons.  I am very grateful to have been chosen for this assignment, I think I found a new line of skin products for my son. Thank you!

SophiaKsMom
by on Apr. 15, 2015 at 3:37 PM
I don't have a routine per say. My youngest daughter has eczema. So finding a product that helps and she doesn't say hurts will be helpful.

Since her skin is sensitive I try to be particular on what I use. Looking forward to trying Cetaphil out and see if it helps her.
Saucy1
by on Apr. 15, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Hi, I'm Kristina. I have three kids. They are 9, 8, and 3. They have sensitive skin, so I'm really excited for all my kids to use these products, not just the three year old. 

My 9 year old daughter used it last night. She loved the cute characters on the bottles. She also loved the scent. She couldn't wait to smell good at school. My three year old seemed to stopping complaining about itching once I used the lotion on him. I loved that consistency of the lotion felt oil based.

So far it seems to be a hit. I haven't seen these products in the store, but I'll be hunting for some really soon. 

mama2b100808
by Member on Apr. 16, 2015 at 4:33 PM

Hey! My name is Mandy and I am a sahm to one daughter. My daughter is 6 years old and has very sensitive skin. We just got the Cetaphil in the mail yesterday and I used it on her skin and hair. She hasn't had a rash yet. I am so loving this. Yes I will be sharing this product with other parents. :) Thank you cafemom! Yes I will be buying this in the future. 

Bitemebetty
by Member on Apr. 16, 2015 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

My name is Jess and I am a mom to a two year old boy in PA.

For the most part we do not have a routine but he does has eczema that flairs up randomly on the back on his arm, it actually showed up again last week so this came just in time.

No I have never used Cetaphil products,I am not a big lotion buyer.

The smell is amazing, it sweet and mildly flower so not over whelming.  It not a typical baby smell but I love it. The color is pretty, I was not expecting a light yellowish orange. I think my son is going to love that when using the lotion on himself. The packaging is not my favorite, the bunny is sweet but I like things a little brighter for my son so he knows it is his.

So far the Baby Ultra Moisturizing Wash is my favorite. His skin is so soft from it ,he even washed my arm and it makes me want to buy it for myself.Maybe the shampoo his hair is so soft I just want to pet it.

I like how pleasant the smell is, but not overwhelming. Plus it leaves you so soft.

I have been looking for a new soap, my husband was allergic to the one we were using and I might have found it with this stuff. I have already recommended to my friend who is about to me a first time mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)