Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Circumcision...Stay in room or not?

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:40 PM
  • 51 Replies
We have decided to do circumcision for are baby...Just wondering if you stayed with him when they did the procedure or not. I'm kinda mixed feelings about it. My mom says to not be in the room it really hard to hear your baby crying. But I also feel I should be there to hold his hand. What did you do? Was it hard being in the room?
by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
buttercup627
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think you're allowed in the room
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:42 PM
Not sure heres a bump. I did not get my son circ.
LCJan21
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:42 PM
I was never given the option with either son. They always took them out of my room and somewhere else to do it. With ds2, the nurse brought him back and said he didn't make a peep the whole time.
darkmystical
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:53 PM

They did not give me the option, but they also said he was great and when they brought him back he wasn't fussy at all

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 3:52 PM
We weren't given an option.
acclbentz
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:07 PM

I was allowed in with DS. It's one of the best decisions I've made, and if our next baby is a boy I'll be in with him as well.

mcmlxxxv
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:14 PM
I only have a daughter, BUT there is a test done in our state that involves practically squeezing the lifeblood out of the newborn to get a bunch of samples for diseases and disorders. Our hospital kept baby in the room for everything, including that. Well, I ended up being no help in comforting DD, because I was a blubbering mess myself. It was terrible. I don't know if my heart has ever hurt so badly. DH was simultaneously trying to comfort DD while begging the nurse to finish the test early. I know DD will never remember that agonizing few minutes, but I do. If I ever have another, I will have the baby taken out of the room for that test, as well as for a circumcision if it's a boy, for the same reason.
onehotmama410
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:21 PM
I wasn't given an option. I was told they don't like the mother there because they don't like baby associating pain with mommy. Dad was allowed to be in there though. This hospital did that with all young children. Mommy is for love and comfort after whatever procedures were done.
kiki719
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:47 PM
i wasn't allowed an I wouldnt have gone in either
Penguin.Love
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:05 PM
Wasn't allowed in the room.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)