Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

up again with a sick baby

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 4:46 AM
  • 25 Replies
My 9 month old can't seem to catch a break. He has literally been sick for months. He gets better from one thing and then bam! sick again.
We have had RSV, colds, fevers, vomiting. We were at the Dr this week for pink eye. Got that settled and now tonight he has a fever of 103.
I have gone to appts where the Dr is like yeah its viral go home etc (so frustrating). I am going to work on his fever at home and not rush off to the Dr this time.

But at what point is this more than colds? Is there more to this?

I have two older kids in school so germs are expected. My baby isn't in daycare. Went through that with my oldest, but I am amazed how sick he has stayed as if he were in daycare.

Just tired and feeling awful for my baby😑😩😷😳😭.
by on May. 7, 2015 at 4:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:22 PM

I hope he feels better! We went through a lot of colds with my daughter as well. But she attends daycare. She has had RSV, countless colds and Roseola by the time she was 13-14 months. I would say since August when she was 18 months she has a tendency to get low grade fevers. No other symptoms. Maybe a few days later a cough will show up. What does his pediatrician say? When I brought it up to mine, she said that babies until age 2-3 get around 12-14 colds/viruses a year. 

la_bella_vita
by on May. 7, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Poor baby : ( I hope he feels better!

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:20 PM

I hope he feels better!  When my kids start showing sickness I up their vitamin C.  I would let him have some sliced up oranges.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 5:02 PM
I hope he feels better and you guys get some relief!

Maybe when as the weather warms up/stays warm, the germs will go away.
ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 7:46 AM
Please no fluoroquinolone antibiotics like ciprodex or vigamox look up the news stories going on all over the county.
bresmommy21
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2015 at 7:50 AM

Hope he gets well soon. Have you talked to your pediatrician about possible autoimmune issues?

goddess99
by on May. 8, 2015 at 8:27 AM

This has been a bad year, I know, we caught it all too. Hope he feels better soon! And doesn't catch anything else =)

LaniBee
by on May. 8, 2015 at 9:12 AM

Hope he feels better soon. It's tough with the older kids in school and maybe the weather hasn't been great to get a good dose of fresh, clean air. 

AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 9:52 AM
Poor guy. I bet he is just getting stuff the older kids bring home. Their immune systems are probably more built up than his. I would have them wash their hands super well when they get home before they even touch baby.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 8, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Aww .. your older kids bring home the germs too though,
Hope he feels better soon :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)