Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:42 AM
  • 22 Replies

Does anyone here have the Mirena IUD or had it in the past? I'm getting one placed tomorrow and wanted to know thoughts and opinions. In my research the reviews seem mixed but a lot more good then bad.

Thanks in advance!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:50 AM
Not me so heres a bump. I take the pills.
sjenkins8208
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:51 AM
I had one in 2008 for 3 years. I never had any bad side effects. I have another one placed last August after I had our second. Still love it :)
1stTimeMom1982
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:52 AM

I currently take pills too. Just too much due to forgetting etc.

Quoting oliveoil423: Not me so heres a bump. I take the pills.

1stTimeMom1982
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:55 AM

That's good to know thank you. I don't know why I'm nervous about the pain with the insert when I've had 2 natural unmedicated births lmbo. Mixed reviews on that too online.

Quoting sjenkins8208: I had one in 2008 for 3 years. I never had any bad side effects. I have another one placed last August after I had our second. Still love it :)

sjenkins8208
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:01 AM
As far as the pain...if rate it more as uncomfortable than painful and it's a very quick process. I was nervous to the point of tears on getting my first one out lol! My OB was dying laughing because I didn't even realize he had pulled it out. So, to me, it's not a painful.

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

That's good to know thank you. I don't know why I'm nervous about the pain with the insert when I've had 2 natural unmedicated births lmbo. Mixed reviews on that too online.

Quoting sjenkins8208: I had one in 2008 for 3 years. I never had any bad side effects. I have another one placed last August after I had our second. Still love it :)

oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:05 AM
I missed three days of it. Cause the one i was getting my insernce wasnt paying it anymore and i had to get it switch. I havent missed any or forgot to take them.

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

krazymom2boyz
by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:10 AM
My sister and I both had one. My advice DON'T DO IT! It screwed me yo for years even after I got it removed. My sister has 3 miscarriages lost in increasingly heart breaking and painful ways. DON'T DO IT, STAY FAR AWAY!
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:44 AM
I had one for 18 month. No problems.
1stTimeMom1982
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Oh wow lol will keep you posted. Appt is tomorrow at 11:45 am EST

Quoting sjenkins8208: As far as the pain...if rate it more as uncomfortable than painful and it's a very quick process. I was nervous to the point of tears on getting my first one out lol! My OB was dying laughing because I didn't even realize he had pulled it out. So, to me, it's not a painful.
Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

1stTimeMom1982
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:24 AM

For me it was more of I went to bed and remembered I didn't take it smh. Don't want to take any chances lol We have 2 girls and are pretty much done having little ones right now

Quoting oliveoil423: I missed three days of it. Cause the one i was getting my insernce wasnt paying it anymore and i had to get it switch. I havent missed any or forgot to take them.
Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)