Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She won't stop!!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:17 AM
  • 26 Replies
My daughter is 8 months old. She's the only girl and the most spoiled by far. (Spoiled as in, I would never let one of the kids touch my phone but my husband hand her my phone and I'll let her drool all over it without thinking twice)
Anyway, she is constantly being held I do not mean that figuratively. I have an ergo and a moby that I carry her in as well as just normally holding her. She will not let me sit. I stand for about 9-10 hours a day.
It's not been a problem except for that now my back is starting to hurt. Like, I can't stand up all the way. It kills me to pick her up..
She can crawl and sit so I set her down but she just cries and reaches for me! I want to pick her up so bad, but it hurts.
I don't know what to do, I've tried meds for my back, gone to the doc, tried toughing it out... Do I just let her cry?
by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:24 AM
Yes. I have done it to my son. I told him the one day that i was not going to pick him up out of the bouncer thing. And that he needs to tuff it out. ANd he stopped and looked and me and then dh and was like wtf.

Ever since he is army crawling and rolling over he doesnt want to be held during the day. Unless he gets fussy for a bottle or for lunch And dinner.

Just let her its not going to hurt her to cry. If you have stuff to do then set her down with toys or tv and or kids music and go do what you need to do.
Dragonmamas
by Ari on May. 7, 2015 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you seen a chiropractor? You should probably get an adjustment.

mcmlxxxv
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:39 AM

My DD was SUPER clingy right around 8 months.  She started to get over it as she learned to stand and began to discover that independence could be fun.  Don't get me wrong; she's still a total mama's girl, but she at least lets me put her down now.

What happens if you sit while holding her?  Will she let you sit on the floor with her?  I'm trying to think of a way you might be able to transition to more independence for her, without giving her the feeling that she's being abandoned.

When you do get some time to yourself, try lying with a pillow under your middle back but no pillow under your head.  It might hurt at first, but it's probably the opposite arch of your carrying posture, so it might help correct your back in the long run.  That's what works for me, anyway.

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:05 PM
Sounds like separation anxiety. Totally normal around that age. Norah only lets mom and dad hold her. I wear her a lot! I don't mind. They're only little once. I personally don't let my kids cry.
Luke8212013
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:30 PM

What if you guys sit together on the floor and try to distract her with toys or read her a book? Will she let you do that? Maybe, try putting her in a high hair so she's at your level while your in the kitchen and give her a little snack so she's distracted.

My son went through some separation around that time, so he was glued to me, it got better over time. 

la_bella_vita
by on May. 7, 2015 at 4:11 PM

Yes, I went through this with my youngest girl. She loved to be held and preferred for me to stand and my back and legs hated me. I never found a solution, just toughed it out, baby wore and tried to get her interested in toys, she loved the jumparoo, so that would give me a 10 minute break, LOL

johnny4ever
by on May. 8, 2015 at 8:20 AM

My son was very clingy with me!Separation Anxiety was terrible when he went to preschool.Nip it in the bud early is my advice.

AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 9:57 AM
Does she cry even if you sit and play with her?
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 8, 2015 at 10:29 AM

this :)

Quoting Mom2Just1: Sounds like separation anxiety. Totally normal around that age. Norah only lets mom and dad hold her. I wear her a lot! I don't mind. They're only little once. I personally don't let my kids cry.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2015 at 1:01 PM
Redirection could be helpful. Hold for awhile then, when it's time to be down, maybe sit together and play with a toy or read a book, then make it clear that is time to do something else and don't give in. Don't act sad or apologize or give her the emotion to react to. Put on a smile and say, You're ok! It's play time! Or whatever is going on. Sing songs to distract her or dance around or whatever. It may help. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)