Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

formula question

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:15 PM
  • 27 Replies
For moms that use the powder form or have in the past, can you combine bottles? Meaning, I prepare 8oz bottles and pour from them as like a ready to feed, cause you can't make a 5oz bottle, it's 2, 4, 6 or 8oz. Like, I have 2ozs left from one bottle and a new 8oz prepared, can I use the 2ozs and add more to that from the 8oz prepared? Hope I explained that well enough lol.
by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:19 PM
Yes you can make large amounts to pour what you need. However, you CANNOT take formula that is left in a used bottle to add to another bottle. Once the bottle touches your baby's mouth, it needs to either be drank then or thrown out.
yroder2003
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:39 PM
Okay, that makes sense about the formula that has already been drank from. But this left over 2oz was never drank from, it's sitting in the fridge right now, I've only poured from it into another bottle. So can I take that 2oz, pour into another bottle, crack open the prepared 8oz bottle and pour from that the desired amount of formula I need. I know, typing is hard to understand.

Quoting anotherandree: Yes you can make large amounts to pour what you need. However, you CANNOT take formula that is left in a used bottle to add to another bottle. Once the bottle touches your baby's mouth, it needs to either be drank then or thrown out.
anotherandree
by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:52 PM
I would. But just make sure you use that bottle first bc there is like a 24 hr window to drink it.

Quoting yroder2003: Okay, that makes sense about the formula that has already been drank from. But this left over 2oz was never drank from, it's sitting in the fridge right now, I've only poured from it into another bottle. So can I take that 2oz, pour into another bottle, crack open the prepared 8oz bottle and pour from that the desired amount of formula I need. I know, typing is hard to understand.

Quoting anotherandree: Yes you can make large amounts to pour what you need. However, you CANNOT take formula that is left in a used bottle to add to another bottle. Once the bottle touches your baby's mouth, it needs to either be drank then or thrown out.
yroder2003
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:58 PM
Okay cool. I appreciate your feedback.

Quoting anotherandree: I would. But just make sure you use that bottle first bc there is like a 24 hr window to drink it.

Quoting yroder2003: Okay, that makes sense about the formula that has already been drank from. But this left over 2oz was never drank from, it's sitting in the fridge right now, I've only poured from it into another bottle. So can I take that 2oz, pour into another bottle, crack open the prepared 8oz bottle and pour from that the desired amount of formula I need. I know, typing is hard to understand.

johnny4ever
by on May. 8, 2015 at 8:22 AM

That is not safe to mix that leftover!Great advice!

LaniBee
by on May. 8, 2015 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes. I agree with all of this! 

Quoting yroder2003: Okay cool. I appreciate your feedback.
Quoting anotherandree: I would. But just make sure you use that bottle first bc there is like a 24 hr window to drink it.

AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes you can combine. Just keep in mind it has a shelf life once prepared. And once baby has eaten off of it, toss anything that's left over.
splatz
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2015 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

If baby hasn't already drank from it I think it would be fine. I would just make sure to use it asap. 

kelly5678
by Member on May. 8, 2015 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it's ok to do that.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 8, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Can't remember so hope others can help :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)