• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Minivan or SUV?

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:47 PM
  • 37 Replies

I'm starting to research and look into getting a new car. My current car is a 10 year old Ford Escape, I LOVE my car, I'm just getting nervous that it's getting older and I want a reliable car. I am considering looking at the Honda oddesy or the Toyota Sienna. They seem like great family cars and will give us a lot more room. And it seems like they have a lot of great features. But, I'm also thinking maybe I should look at the Ford Explorer or the Honda Pilot....

so, I'm wondering what you guys drive and what do you like about it?

by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:51 PM

I have a 2014 kia sorento. I really wanted their mini-van, the sedona. I personally prefer minivans. they are bigger and roomier. and I love the sliding door feature. its much easier to put kids in their car seats with a sliding door when you parked right next to somebody than having to try and do it with a regular door. the sorento is nice. its a step up from the 2011 Rio I was driving. but its basically a car that sits up higher. thats about it. I hoping to trade it in for a minvan soon. 

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:05 PM
I'm a suv person.
anotherandree
by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:12 PM
We are SUV people. We got a mini van shortly before our 3rd child was born but hated EVERY SECOND of it. As soon as we could fit 3 seats in the the back, we traded that thing in for 2 cars. When we found out we were pregnant with #4, we got a 2010 Dodge Journey and LOVE it.
ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2015 at 8:06 AM
Love my mini can!! I traded in my flashy convertible fot it too and it has been the best purchase ever! We do road trips so we love it even more then!
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 18, 2015 at 8:26 AM

I would suggest the suv but that's just me :)

goddess99
by on May. 18, 2015 at 8:26 AM

Oh I know nothing about cars, we have a big truck, it's fine. lol sorry I'm no help. Toyotas last forever, that's what everyone I know says anyway.

StreetsAhead
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2015 at 8:29 AM
I have no idea what an SUV or a minivan is I'm afraid. I don't think cars like that are as common here.
But we have too Volkswagen cars, one polo and one golf.
AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2015 at 8:33 AM
My aunt just bought a sienna, she had a pilot for 10 plus years. Both are great, but the sienna has a lot more room.
batjmom
by on May. 18, 2015 at 9:30 AM
I have a SUV and love it. Easier for me to get everything in.
Madelaine
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 11:56 AM

I have a Crv and I really like it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)