Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby nudie pics on fb?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:29 AM
  • 17 Replies
My DD recently turned 1, and since I'm a decent photographer, I took her 1-year portraits at home while DH was at work one day. I did a few outfits, but for some of the pics, she was just in a ruffley diaper cover. DH did not want me to put those pictures on Facebook, even though there were some really cute ones. I ended up sending them just to grandparents. However, lots of my fb friends are posting topless pics of their 2- and 3-year-old daughters, having fun in the backyard kiddie pool or whatever. I think it's fine; they are little girls. There's nothing to see! I also feel like I could trust my fb friends to not be pedophiles, but then again, I don't think most victims of sexual abuse were actually kidnapped by a mustached man in an astrovan. It's usually people you don't suspect, right?

It's also very common to see totally naked pictures of newborns, both girls and boys, although those are usually only the back/sides of the baby.

So what do you think? Yes or no to nudie or topless baby photos? If you think it's ok for girls, at what age should it end?
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:32 AM

I am not a fan of naked babies for pictures in general. But if you felt okay with it...it's your child.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lcherniske
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:44 AM
I would post pictures of 2 and under in a diaper or underwear only- never naked. 3 is iffy- not sure depends on picture. Honestly, I have no problem with it but not sure about the rest of society.
Luvmy2babies22
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:25 AM
I have some amazing face shots of my youngest in the bath. He's clearly in the bath but they are close ups so you see nothing below shoulders. I won't even email those out.

I'm not on FB so it's a non issue for me but I think those photos should stay private and off the internet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:24 AM
I've never posted naked pics of my kids.
la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:21 PM

Quoting Mom2Just1:

I am not a fan of naked babies for pictures in general. But if you felt okay with it...it's your child.

Ditto

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:18 PM

I don't do any naked pictures of my children, no matter what their age is, on the internet. I have no idea who may steal the photos and use it for something else. 

PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:29 PM
I don't have a facebook.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:33 PM
A diaper/cover on a baby? Of course! Actual naked pictures? No. I, personally think girls should have swim suit tops regardless of age. Just my opinion.
MokanaModoki
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:36 PM
A perv will look at a child even fully dressed, puffy coat, hat and all, and still see what they want. You can't stop a perv. My youngest is usually always in a diaper because he gets hot easy lol
Jsanchez125
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:46 PM
I'm not ok with baby naked pics being posted on FB. I have taken pics of the kids under 1 in the bath tub. But they are put an album not shown to family and friends. Usually also you could not see body parts... Just like the face.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)