Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friday's Yes or No: Would you let your child do this?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:22 AM
  • 69 Replies

Would you let your child leave home while still wearing their make-believe/dress-up clothes?

Super Mom

by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jsanchez125
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
You mean leave home to like play at the park?
If that's the scenario the answer is no. Even school clothes I make them change as soon they get home.
la_bella_vita
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Quoting Jsanchez125: You mean leave home to like play at the park? If that's the scenario the answer is no. Even school clothes I make them change as soon they get home.

Yes or run to the grocery store

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, they have gone out in play clothes before.
la_bella_vita
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:44 AM

OOPS! I meant dress up clothes like Cinderella outfits, sorry for the confusion : ) 

Quoting Jsanchez125: You mean leave home to like play at the park? If that's the scenario the answer is no. Even school clothes I make them change as soon they get home.

Jsanchez125
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:50 AM
Oh ok. The answer is still no. I don't usually let them wear costumes around the house either. My daughter asks me to and I always make her out regular clothes on underneath when she does wear her old costumes. But to go out of the house with no. I've seen kids at the doctors office wearing a Cinderella outfit with the crown and shoes and jewelry and everything. i don't think it's cute...

Quoting la_bella_vita:

OOPS! I meant dress up clothes like Cinderella outfits, sorry for the confusion : ) 

Quoting Jsanchez125: You mean leave home to like play at the park?
If that's the scenario the answer is no. Even school clothes I make them change as soon they get home.

la_bella_vita
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Oh ok, they don't play dress-up? Or make-believe? 

Quoting Jsanchez125: Oh ok. The answer is still no. I don't usually let them wear costumes around the house either. My daughter asks me to and I always make her out regular clothes on underneath when she does wear her old costumes. But to go out of the house with no. I've seen kids at the doctors office wearing a Cinderella outfit with the crown and shoes and jewelry and everything. i don't think it's cute...
Quoting la_bella_vita:

Jsanchez125
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:10 PM
No not usually. She's 9 so she plays with her dolls but she's not into make believe. My son is 7 and he definitely does not like that type of play.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Oh ok, they don't play dress-up? Or make-believe? 

Quoting Jsanchez125: Oh ok. The answer is still no. I don't usually let them wear costumes around the house either. My daughter asks me to and I always make her out regular clothes on underneath when she does wear her old costumes. But to go out of the house with no. I've seen kids at the doctors office wearing a Cinderella outfit with the crown and shoes and jewelry and everything. i don't think it's cute...

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting Jsanchez125: You mean leave home to like play at the park?

answeredprayer
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:27 PM
Yes. Buzz Lightyear and Cinderella have accompanied me to the grocery store many of times when my older 2 were little.
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Yes,I would and have!  I was with batman at the mall one day. (:  It's not hurting anyone.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

maebe435
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:55 PM
Costumes, I don't care about. I used to take my nephew, who has autism, out with me in his super hero costumes. But I do not like my sd to wear makeup out of the house. She just turned 10 and is trying to grow up waaay to fast.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)