Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have a question, it's been so long so i'm not sure

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:19 AM
  • 37 Replies
Baby threw up about 1:30am, she felt warm, so I took her temp, 100.9, gave some tylenol. She hasn't thrown up again but that one time. She usually has a bottle around 7am, is it safe to give her one, or should I wait?
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:21 AM
Yes, give her bottle, you don't want her to get dehydrated. I hope she feels better!
yroder2003
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Thanks for your reply. I will definitely give her a bottle then. I hope she feels better too.

Quoting Luke8212013: Yes, give her bottle, you don't want her to get dehydrated. I hope she feels better!
melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:28 AM

Yep I would give her the bottle. You may want to offer her less milk more often soher tummy has time to adjust. 

I would hold off on the tylenol. the fever is the bodies natural response to fight off infection and by treating them so quickly you can prolong the sickness and lower her infection fighting abilities. 

Hope shes feeling better soon.  

yroder2003
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:33 AM
Hi there. Good to see a familiar face. I'll hold off on the next dose of tylenol then. So I should feed her less than her usual amt? She usually drinks about an 8oz bottle in the morning.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Yep I would give her the bottle. You may want to offer her less milk more often soher tummy has time to adjust. 

I would hold off on the tylenol. the fever is the bodies natural response to fight off infection and by treating them so quickly you can prolong the sickness and lower her infection fighting abilities. 

melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi :) it's great to see you :) 

sorry I just saw this I took a nice long shower since my mom is here :)

i would just because if her tummy is upset you don't want it full. Especially if she gets sick again it's easier to throw up 4-5 oz then 8 oz and that's a lot of milk to waste 

Quoting yroder2003: Hi there. Good to see a familiar face. I'll hold off on the next dose of tylenol then. So I should feed her less than her usual amt? She usually drinks about an 8oz bottle in the morning.
Quoting melindabelcher:

mrswillie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I would give it to her.
momofsixangels
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I would try it

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:44 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Ys do give her one,
Hope she feels better ;)

LaniBee
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, but follow her lead. She may not want to drink as much at one time or be very hungry. 

batjmom
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I would give it to her
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)