Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you have a birth plan?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:03 AM
  • 13 Replies
I didn't have one for my DS but since he was an emergency c section the doctor recommended that I have a c section with my DD.
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BabiesAre2Sweet
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:31 AM
I had birth plans for my first two babies and I'm very happy they played out how I wanted them to. This time around I don't really have a birth plan but my midwives know how I want things done by now.
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:46 AM

Yes, I always make birth plans. Those plans include what I'd like to have happen ideally, and then back up plans. Once I go into labor, I stop talking. You can't ask me anything, I can't answer. So I go over everything with DH, and have everything written down for each scenerio.

So far, I've never gotten the birth I wanted, which is fine because the outcome was still good. This time I'm not even sure if I'm going to list my ideal birth! 

YoungMama93
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:56 AM

I did, but it was blown out of the water. I wanted a natural birth and expected to be home the same day. YEAH RIGHT! I had a 70 hour labor, was transferred to the hospital the thrid morning of those 70 hours, wound up induced and needing an epidural because of back labor, THEN stayed there for a week because there was an infection in my water and dd needed antibiotics to keep it from hurting her. The only things that stayed the way I wanted them were they waited until the cord stopped pulsing before they cut it, and she was placed on me right away.

kmeow
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:27 AM
Yep. It went one hundred percent the way I wanted.
novella0708
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:59 AM

With DD, no, but I didn't like my experience so with DS I did. Preeclampsia threw a wrench in my plans, however, and the only part of my birth plan that I was able to stick to completely was no epidural and allowing my water to break naturally. 

la_bella_vita
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:38 PM

No, I didn't

My doctor had a checklist of certain things and I filled that out and left it at that

RocknRoll.Rose
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:27 PM
I plan to give birth. That's the only plan I have.
WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:21 PM

No, other than I wanted an epidural. I knew throughout my entire pregnancy, I was going to be induced. I had my epidural within 1-2 hours the pitocin starting. 

charm2mama
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:42 PM
Babies out safely was my birthplan.
melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:16 PM
#1 no
#2 yes and things went how I planned
#3 no and things didn't go how I planned
#4 no and thing went perfect :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)