Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ppd advice/vent

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:36 PM
  • 18 Replies
Ok I'm not the smartest person in the world. My SO and I have had problems off and on since moving in together. I had ppd with DS1 badly last year when my breast milk dried up mixed with the stress of our relationship. We see a therapist once a week with singles therapy once a week as well. But while we had a good stretch we got pregnant again and I just had DS2 last week. Well I am terrified that the slightest argument is going to trigger depression. I was somewhat depressed while pregnant. Well SO is ADD and it's difficult to really discuss anything... so today we did argue. And of course I'm upset. I had actually been happy lately and one minor thing is completely sending me to the opposite mindset. My OB is aware and if it doesn't lighten up then I'll be going to her asap. I just needed to vent bc I feel so stupid at times for being in this situation and then guilty bc I'm glad I am otherwise I wouldn't be mama to the most special little boys ever. Ugh just had to vent... and if anyone has any kind advice then feel free ♡
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BabiesAre2Sweet
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:00 PM
Congrats on another little prince!

I don't really have advice. Just wanted to say I'm glad to hear that at least you realize what is going on and your making sure to get help. Always make sure your OB is in the know on what's going on so you can continue to get the help you need and be happy.

What does your SO do to help with his ADD?
DelilahsMom4108
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:05 PM
No real advice other than what you've already said... just keep in contact with your therapist and your OB if it continues. Try to take care of yourself like a nice hot shower with candles lit or whatever it is that helps you relax.
melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:40 PM
Your going to have good days and bad days
A particularly bad day won't cause PPD.
I would seek out a personal therapist to help talk through things and offer some techniques and tricks.
The ending of nursing can trigger or worsen depression so that makes sense that it was an issue last time.
melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:44 PM
I've never had PPD but I was very worried I would after Kairi since the pregnancy was so difficult mentally and emotionally.
But I have struggled with intense depression from traumatic life events. The therapist was a great thing for me. I had one who really was a great match for me.
She preferred behavior modification training, mindfulness, meditation, visualizing etc over medication. she was a huge help to me and I was sad to lose her. But I learned so much. A therapist is only helpful if you connect and have similar goals
I hope things improve for you and that you are able to be who you want to be without negativity :)
AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:23 PM
I would keep an honest communication with your dr. Do not be Affraid to ask for help.

Congrats on the new baby :)
timon95
by on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:22 AM
Just keep doing what you are doing. The good thung is you are aware of what the triggers and what might happen. Keep talk to others, therapist, doctor, family friends. Continue seeking help and trying to work through this. You're doing good
stormie1985
by Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 1:29 AM
I love the therapist we use as my personal. I do use her on my own and she's the first one that I have felt completely comfortable witb. She's helping me learn to deal with brians ADD. One of her specialities is the disorder and she's had to deal with it personally so it's been super helpful to have someone even just sympathize much less give me techniques she's actually used before.

Quoting melindabelcher: I've never had PPD but I was very worried I would after Kairi since the pregnancy was so difficult mentally and emotionally.
But I have struggled with intense depression from traumatic life events. The therapist was a great thing for me. I had one who really was a great match for me.
She preferred behavior modification training, mindfulness, meditation, visualizing etc over medication. she was a huge help to me and I was sad to lose her. But I learned so much. A therapist is only helpful if you connect and have similar goals
I hope things improve for you and that you are able to be who you want to be without negativity :)
stormie1985
by Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 1:34 AM
Thank you! Hes perfect and i love him to pieces! My OB is amazing and knows everything and is willing to support me in any way possible so I'm confident about pulling through anything that comes along.

My SO is just now coming around to accepting that he even has it.

Quoting BabiesAre2Sweet: Congrats on another little prince!

I don't really have advice. Just wanted to say I'm glad to hear that at least you realize what is going on and your making sure to get help. Always make sure your OB is in the know on what's going on so you can continue to get the help you need and be happy.

What does your SO do to help with his ADD?
Hannahsmommy816
by on Oct. 30, 2015 at 7:02 AM
You just had a baby, all this is normal! If it continues I know there's meds for ppd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaniBee
by on Oct. 30, 2015 at 9:00 AM

Your hormones are going crazy right now, on top of everything else going on. Just continue going to therapy and if you feel overwhelmed, let someone know so you can get the proper help. Congratulations :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)